Booking on Sawadee?

Search

Booking on Sawadee?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booking on Sawadee?

Curious - any problems booking with them? Always feel a little nervous paying nonrefundable deposits...looking for some reassurance (or warnings) Thanks! Sara
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:17 PM

the only problems i am aware of are when you try to cancel and/or change your dates....i always suggest not making your res until you are 200% sure about your dates....they have a cancellation insurance i believe...small print near the end of the res page...
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Will take your advice and make sure our dates are set in stone first. Sara
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Sara, I've used them a number of times and never had a problem. Bob is right, you do have to make a non-refundable deposit once they have reserved for you, so make sure your dates are firm.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:45 PM

they take a one nite deposit and then charge you about 2 weeks before your arrival for the final days
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 12:36 AM

I have always used them and nowadays just wouldn't bother using any others. For starters unlike nearly all the others they 'don't' ask you for any credit card details for an enquiry, you can ask for as many options as you want, they then come back and tell you what is available, you then have a few days to decide. When you decide you pay 1 nights deposit and then the balance a few weeksn ahead of arrival, it can vary based on the hotel.
Many of the others they want you to put in credit card even just to enquire, and if it comes up 'that is that', you are billed right off, many take the whole lot.
So I would stick with any of the Sawadee R24 partners, I tend to go for local sites that give local information that feed into Sawadee R24. It's worked for us for years, even when we forget the print out.

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:41 AM

I used them for all reservations in Thailand-4 destinations. They were not always the lowest rae but difference was $5 or so/night. The above folfks comments are all correct in 99% of the cases. Also, not having to pay 100% up-front can be a big advantage for some.
The only incomvenience was when I asked a question of someone named Edie I had to write 2 or 3 times and was ignored. Fortuately they were minor issues so I just think they need a few lessons in customer focus. They me so busy they have lost their focus.
They were not able to provide rates in Malaysia as close as 5-6 weeks outi.e. late Feb. for an April date (April rates go down a bit) where hotel.com and asia.rooms.com had rates. I used asiahotels.com for KL and was quite satisfied.
Sawadee.com should say they concentrate on Thailand.
Would use again gladly but for Thailand ONLY.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM

Booked with Sawadee.com twice, for Malaysia and Thailand hotels and was very pleased with them. Lower rates them other sites and great customer service!

Teresa