Search

Booking Hotels in Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM
MPT
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booking Hotels in Vietnam

What on-line booking sites do you recommend? It seems like reserving on-line can save quite a bit of money.
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM

I used www.vietnamstay.com and it was excellent. I also used http://hotels-in-vietnam.com/hotels_hanoi.html as back-up for information and pics.
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM

I generally use Precision Reservations for all my online booking. They usually have the best rates, and I've never had a problem with them. I just booked two hotels in Vietnam with them for an upcoming trip.
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:02 PM

I just contacted vietnamstay for hotel reservations. They responded quickly and had prices for the hotels that I wanted for a good bit less than I got from the hotels directly. I just am a little worried about the hotels honoring the vietnamstay reservations. We are going Christmas/New Years and the hotels can be fully booked. Any suggestions???
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM

We've used VietnamStay for two separate visits to Vietnam. Very reliable. I will try to dig up the name of the contact person we used. Are you coming into Hanoi or Saigon? We've used VietnamStay at both locations....(the last time in Saigon the agent there was great.)
Old May 8th, 2006, 05:35 PM

I've been trawling the various websites and have found that www.directrooms.com seems to give the best prices in Vietnam (or, at least, match the best), though there often isn't much in it. It seems you need to be careful that web prices include taxes etc (and breakfast). "Directrooms" also has the commitment: "we will match or beat" any web hotel price. I haven't booked through them yet, so can't vouch for their competence, but they seem to be active around the world.
Old May 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM

A quick check of "precision reservations" site shows they are very competitive, as MichaelBKK suggests. I've been looking at Windsor Plaza Hotel in HCMC, and "directrooms" has been the cheapest I've found at $US55 a night (all included). Most of the others are $60-plus. "Precision reservations" has a room rate at the Windsor Plaza of $50 - but look a little deeper and you find that doesn't include taxes. However, on their site the taxes are $3 a night - so, at $53, it seems they give the best deal.
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:57 PM

vietnamstay got me the Duxton hotel in HCMC for $82US inc breakfast.....that was 3 weeks ago....maybe you can check that with Precision....
Old May 9th, 2006, 04:51 AM
MPT
Original Poster

Thanks for all your suggestions. We will be arriving in Hanoi, with side trips to Halong & Sapa. We will then proceed south, to Hue, Hoi An, and then Saigon. We also plan a side trip to Angkor Wat. Can't wait!
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:41 AM

Thanks for the help. I'll continue with vietnamstay. We go to Hanoi first, then one group goes on to Siem Reap while my husband and I stay in Vietnam with all meeting at HCMC airport to go to beach resort (An Oasis) south of HCMC. So lots of reservations needed. We will use Cathay Pacific for air from Hong Kong thru Vietnam.
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:43 AM

MPT our trip sound very much the same. But I guess we all like to hit the highlights.
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM

Hi MPT
I think, through where you book your hotel, you'd book before, because when you arrive VN and go to the Hotel to book the room, may be the prise is higher and not easy for bargain.
Have a good time!
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM

Hi
www.directrooms.com is an amazing booking site.We have just got back from Lao,Cambodia and Vietnam and booked a lot of our hotels through this site.Their follow up is excellent and we never had a problem with our bookings.The only thing I would suggest is that be mindful of the season that you are travelling.We were there in low season and like most things in Asia...the price for rooms is negotiable,particularly when the hotels are not full.Many hotels are charging a lot less than their listed rates