Boat Tours in Vietnam

Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:00 PM
Linda Bourke

Boat Tours in Vietnam

Hi,
This is my first post so I hope I'm doing it right! I was wondering if anyone here has used the Kangaroo Cafe. I visited their site at www.kangaroocafe.com and found they offer tours not only to Halong Bay but all over Vietnam. There's also an amazing collection of images of their boats and tours etc. Has any one here used them? I am especially interested in the Halong Bay tour. Any information about this and also other boat tours around Vietnam. The Mekong is definitely on my list. Thanks in advance.
Linda

Nov 4th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Alan

Hi, Linda!
I did boat tours of the Mekong and Halong Bay a few years ago, but neither was organised by the Kangaroo Cafe. The tours offered by this company are, however, frequently mentioned on this forum, and I don't think I have ever seen a report that wasn't positive. Unless the prices on their site are eye-poppingly good, however, there is really no need to book before you arrive; tours to these two centres are available everywhere, and the prices always seem to be great. Buying on the day you plan to leave gives you the advantage of being able to plan around the weather, and you won't have to curtail some other spur-of-the-moment activity because of a prepaid booking that must be honoured.

Nov 4th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Dave

Hi Linda - Mother Teresa would get slagged-off on these boards, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it. I did a 3 day Ha Long Bay tour with the Kangaroo Cafe and it was fantastic. They have a few boats, all very clean and reliable vessles. There's a couple of VERY positive articles about the Kangaroo Cafe on a web site called www.thingsasian.com you should have a read of those and decide for yourself. ps: are you Canadian?

Nov 4th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Alan

Dave, I think you misread my double negative; I agree with you, all the reports I have read re Kangaroo Cafe have been positive ones. But for watching Mother Theresa get "slagged off", this Asian board has got nothing on the American board! Post there at your peril!

Nov 5th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Dave

Sorry man, pre morning coffee post. I'm awake now.

Nov 8th, 2002, 02:08 AM
Lee

Hi all,

I have visited the forum of Vietnam bacause I love Vietnam. But sometimes It seems the ad place of Kangaroo Cafe. How is the company??? Why it shows its name so often like that???

Nov 14th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Linda Bourke

I just wanted to say thanks to those people who responded to my earlier post about boat travel in Vietnam. Thanks