Big 50 birthday Christmas and New year

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are coming to say 3nts in shangrila bnk the onto central sami beach resort for 14 nts It will be my husbands 50 birthday the day we arrive in koh samui, Christmas, my birthday and then New year so we would like to make it special. Can anyone suggest what to see and places not to miss while there?
Should we stay in hotel for celebrations or open to suggestions.
Our children are 20's and would like some good designer goods..eg watch handbag etc where are the best places to go for these?
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:09 PM

For shopping, you'll want to be in Bangkok. Koh Samui is an island beach resort, and you won't find extensive shopping there.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM

I enjoy a beach as much as anyone on this forum (though I'm not a swimmer or diver at all). But, I think 14 nts on Samui will be a little bit too long. It is a small island, and you will see what there is to see in a short time. I've been to Samui and I spent about 4 nights there. That was just about right. I could spend a week on Phuket though, it's larger and there are more beaches and restaurant and shopping options there. Samui seems to be the favorite right now, so it is busier than Phuket has been.

Maybe you should consider spending a bit more time in Bangkok (BKK). Just a suggestion.

Carol
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 07:22 PM

i too would spend more time in bkk....14 nights is way too long in samui...7 should be fine...then split up the other seven at another beach or go to chiang rai....

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

As everything has been booked for almost 1 year we cannot change our plans so we will take lots of books and chill.. I hope. Any fav places to eat? What about the river cruse?
Thanks for your comments
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:20 PM

the best place we ate was up on a cliff, just south of chaenwang bck on the main road...it was called the cliff restuarant i think...excellent...good for the birthday, but book ahead...