Best Tours to China

Search

Best Tours to China

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Tours to China

What would be some of the best tour companies to use to go to China?
I plan to take a 3 week trip (approx.) in either September or October and would like some input. I have been to Hong Kong and Bangkok already so I don't want to waste my valuable time there. I'm all for something new. Time's awasting!
Also, has anyone heard of a cooking tour to China?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Judy
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM

We went with Pacific Delights and would recommend it highly. Good accomodations and superb tour guide. We did the Three River Gorge, Zien etc (about 23-24 days.)
Old May 31st, 2005, 08:33 PM

My husband and I went in December 1998 with China Focus Travel and couldn't have been happier, especially for the price, which was $999. We took the Historic China 12 day tour. It included airfare from San Francisco or Los Angeles, all transfers, all meals, all internal transportation, and sightseeing all day every day. We would not have had to spend any extra money except for 25 cents for paper shoes to wear in one of the temples.

And I just looked at the website, and they are STILL offering certain dates for $999. Unbelievable.

http://www.chinafocustravel.com/

I would not hesitate to recommend China Focus. On the other hand, we were with a lot of people on the plane on the way back who had travelled with other tour companies, and they were very pleased with their tours as well. But they paid more and got fewer meals.

Can't remember the names of the other tour companies right now, but they were the major companies you will find.

I see China Focus has 19 and 21 day tours. Check out their website.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:16 PM

Ritz Tours!!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 08:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
We used Ritz Tours a few years ago. While they certainly delivered and we more than got our money's worth, it was very tiring. Some days began at 8am and we didn't get back to the hotel until almost midnight--way too long without a break. Next time, I would do China on my own and skip the tour.