BEIJING ins and outs

Aug 21st, 1998, 12:58 PM
Riki

BEIJING ins and outs

Will have a whirlwind 5 days in Beijing in November. Anyone been there -- done that who can give advice on a quick tour of the city and the surrounding areas? Staying on Wangfujing St. at the Tianglun Dynasty Hotel? How is it? Your best bets would be appreciated.

Aug 26th, 1998, 07:12 AM
sean

I'm going on sept. 16th to beijing so i will let you know when i get back. I'll be staying there for a week at the traders hotel, but i will check out yours since it was rated so highly.

Aug 26th, 1998, 09:32 AM
riki

Sean:

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences. E-mail me directly when you return.

Aug 27th, 1998, 11:51 AM
BILL

i JUST RETURNED FROM BEIJING LAST WEEK.IF YOU HAVEMONEY TO SPEND, THE CITY IS EASY AND YOUWILL NOT MIND THE PETTY RIPOFFS IN RESTAURANTS AND TAXIS. E-MAIL ME IF YOU WANT SOME SHORTCUTS AND CHEAP WAYS TO TOUR THE CITY.

Aug 30th, 1998, 07:46 PM
Alicia

I visited Beijing 2 years ago and stayed at the Novotel, which is just next to the Tianlun Dynasty hotel. The location is excellent, you can walk to the Forbidden city and Tiananmen from here. The Temple of Heaven is a must, and for the Great Wall you may have to take a tour. Also do not miss the famous Peking duck at the Quanjude restaurant, make sure you go to the original one at Qianmen street. I took taxis around the city and always made sure they used the meter, and was never ripped off.