Bed Supper Club?

Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed Supper Club?

A few people have recommended this place for a romantic dinner in Bangkok. The web site sure looks interesting! What is this place all about? What's the food like? What is the atmosphere like? Is there a dress code? It looks like it might be a bit pretentious.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:16 PM

Try doing a search for bed in the search box in the upper right corner. This question is often asked, so there should be lots of info for you.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

You're right. I should have searched before I posted. Thanks.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, one more question: my fiancee is a vegetarian. Does BSC do veggie dishes?
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:37 PM

I have a vegetarian friend who went there and I think she was fine. But when you email them to make a reservaton you can ask.
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:37 PM

There is no "dress code" per se, but don't go in big flip flop sandals looking like a backpacker. The people there are all dressed in nice casual attire.

The menu is interesting with what I would call gourmet Thai food. I think I posted the menu on a thread I did here in February of this year, about dining out in Bangkok. I'll try to bring it to the surface here.

As far as atmosphere, think Capt Kirk on the USS Enterprise... Bed looks like a spaceship sort of building. The walls are lined with "beds" for dining. It's wonderful!!

Carol
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:44 PM

I just "topped" my "I'm back in Bangkok" thread. It contains information about Bed Supper Club, and lots of other places as well, if you look near the bottom, around Feb 12 posting. My last day in BKK was when we ate at Bed and I got a copy of the menu that night.

Carol
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:30 PM

i'm not sure "romantic" is the word i would use as there is no quiet music and candle lite, etc...the usual western things....it is unique...

you sit very close to the people next to you as you can imagine on a 50 foot long bed...

the food is excellent....the nite we went there was a veggie choice...on weekends there is not choice so i would avoid those days....send them a e mail and they will explain the options to you...

as simpson has said it is necessary to dress decently...most people had on slacks, both males and females (for getting on and off the beds, etc) and decent shirts...some had dresses but it was much less comfortable...

the food is outstanding really...western fare with an asian touch...gourmet....drinks are comparitively expensive and there is a very long drink list...there are alternatives as well...

in june the price was 1090 B per person on a week nite...slightly more on weekends...

i think it has to be a one of a kind type place and you should not miss it....they take reservations 30 days in advance....bring your passport to get in, although we were not asked for ours...
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:38 PM

Bob-- I think you weren't asked for your passport for the same reason I wasn't -- we're too old.

Actually there are a couple in Europe -- I think in Amsterdam but I could be wrong. But the Europeans who told me that said the Bangkok one is the best.e
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:54 PM

i did read that there are more but that bkk is the best!!

too damn old!!! i thought it funny that they said it over and over to bring the passport...seems so odd in bkk where anything goes??
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:06 PM

They wanted the passport for proof of age but one look at me (and I guess you also) they didn't need any more proof. .