Beaches in Vietnam

Mar 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

Beaches in Vietnam

Hello,

As we are traveling in summer, it seems that heat and humidity are what we should expect. Therefore, we're looking for advice on a decent beach to chill out for at least 4 days, with nice restaurants and bars. According to what we've read so far, most people often vote for Mui ne over Nha Trang. Could anyone shed a light on the pros and cons of those two places?

Thanks
Mar 18th, 2010, 12:18 PM

I haven't been to Nha Trang but i have been to Mui Ne, i thought it was OK, where will you be before you go to the beach part of your trip?. Mui ne is about a 4.5 hour drive (in private car) from HCMC. personally i didn't think it was worth it.
Mar 18th, 2010, 11:36 PM

I have been to Nha Trang but not Mui Ne. We stayed at the Ana Mandara, a very nice hotel right on the beach. Lots of decent restaurants and bars aroun but it was beginning to become a bit of a "party town" (4 years ago) not sure how busy it is now. The beaches are ok but the big problem was the incessant offshore wind which starts up every afternoon around 1300 hrs. not a problem by the pool but a pain if you are actually on the beach. Some nice side trip round and about and the dving is pretty good too.
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:26 AM

The beach in Nha Trang is nice, and cheap. Mui Ne is Ok, but less tourist than Nha Trang, and there's no direct flight from Hanoi or Hochiminh city, so you need to take about 4,5 hours drive. Bus are cheap and there's also private car option (cost around 100USD/way). I guess with 4 days, I vote for Nha Trang to relax
Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank Y'all for your thoughtful advice. Nha Trang sounds like the place to go. Thanks again.