Reload this Page >

Bangkok to Hua Hin

Search

Bangkok to Hua Hin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:35 AM
fiona

Bangkok to Hua Hin

Can anyone tell me if there is a flight connection between BK and Hua Hin?

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Kathie

Yes there is, on Bangkok Airways, www.bangkokair.com<BR><BR>The other option is to take a limo (mercedes sedan) from the airport for about 2500 baht. That's what I've done. It's quick 2 - 2 1/2 hours and easy and for two people, it's very cheap.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 11:34 PM
fiona

thanks Kathie!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Margo

The flights are early morning only, not really worth it, and if you are already at a hotel in Bangkok deffinately don't bother, by the time you've gone to Bangkok Airport, checked-in, security and all, it is quicker to go door-to-door to the hotel. We also paid 2,400 baht but we always book a car from Hua Hin to pick us up at the airport.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Bre

Hi! Can anyone confirm that getting a limo transfer from a Bangkok city hotel to Hua Hin is easy-peasy. Do you book from home, the hotel in BKK or the hotel in Hua Hin??<BR><BR>We are travelling with 2 children and think this would be a good way to get from A to B.<BR><BR>Also, from Hua Hin to Surat Thani - Limo again or train or..????<BR><BR>Thanks for any comments.<BR><BR>Bre

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Sarah Rey

Just ask the concierge at the hotel the day before you wish to travel. Tell the concierge that you 'know' a taxi is about 1,500 and that a Limo service is 2,400 and what can he/she arrange for you. They will certainly come up with a decent air-conditioned vehicle and they will know you are aware of the price. They all have contacts and the system works well. Otherwise you can book with one of the operators in Hua Hin who will send a car for you, also 2,400.<BR>( http://www.huahinguide.homestead.com/huahin.html ) is Friendshiptours, I've used them, fine and reliable.<BR>From Hua Hin to Surat Thani you have 2 choices (forget the express buses). The train takes about 8 hours but they all go at night so you miss the chance for scenary.<BR>I would suggest a 'car+driver'. A normal journey time would be about 4-5 hrs ( about 430 kms ), ask them for a leisurely journey and you can take in Prachuap Bay for a short break, perhaps lunch at Bang Saphan beach, taking about 6 hours. I would guess the price would be about 3-4,000. But that gets you the transport plus a lovely days sightseeing on the way, best way I would say. If you are going to Surat and are heading for the Koh Samui ferry you will need an early start, the ferry point (big ones) is 90km past Surat Thani itself, so 7-8 hours will give you a fine days trip.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Bre

Thank you so much for your reply - you made it sound very easy and it looks like a very good option for us. 7 - 8 hours seems such a long time - is there anywhere worthwhile to stay in between? Is are we best just to make a day of it??<BR><BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR>Bre

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Margo

Bang Saphan is about 3 hours south of Hua Hin, nice accommodation right on the beach and you can go snorkeling at small islands just off the coast, or, as you say, leave early and you can still have time for a swim or snorkel(they provide everything), lunch, and a leisurely drive. You will see far more of the country that way.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 02:07 AM
Bre

Thanks again - have made a note <BR><BR>Bre