Bangkok Tailor... again

Search

Bangkok Tailor... again

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Tailor... again

I know there have been many posts on this but I'm looking for something more mid-range but nice. My son wants to pick up a suit and possibly some shirts. He rarely wears a suit but has 4 weddings coming up. The priority would be something that fits well, not the highest quality fabric. We will be staying at the Royal Orchid for just two days.

Thanks,
Deb
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 05:06 PM

If you only have two days in Bangkok, I don't recommend that you try for a custom-made suit. There is not enough time to do proper fittings (at least 3), and the result is not likely to be satisfactory. While there are places that will tell you they can do a suit in 24 hours, it will look like it. He should buy it off the rack at home.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Hi I have been to Thailand on 3 different occaisions and twice had suits made...My greatest hint would be to allow at least 3 days but more importantly...take your own fabric.A lot of the dyes used are not colourfast and I have had trouble particularly with linens and cotton.Often colour will rub off onto your skin or stain undergarments. With cottons and linens,the colour always seemed to wear quickly around the seams. The wool and wool blends are not always very good and do not wear well.Some of my suits have gathered 'balls' after a very short period of wear.Some of the polyester blends do not respond well to dry cleaning. If you live in Australia,I would say for the trouble and time that comparatively,it's not worth the money
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM
CFW

I've had clothes made twice in BKK from highly recommended tailors & been disappointed in the fit of the clothes both times-- despite three fittings each time. For the time spent, it's just not worth it to me.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-...&cset=true
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM

I just posted a note about a tailor next to the Royal Orchid that I highly recommend. Bauman Tailor - see Tiwa, she is very honest and friendly and my clothes and my husbands fit perfectly.
We were there last month.