bangkok or hanoi ?

Dec 7th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

bangkok or hanoi ?

I am trying to decide which one of these cities would be the mos t rewarding to travel in. I like to walk and see the sights,go to the country-side, and good food, and friendly people.I would be going solo,that does'nt bother me, just want to have enough to occupy my time for about 10 days. thank you for your suggestions. by the way Cathaypacific has a great deal on airfare starting for Feb. to Apr.travel.
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:22 AM

If you have 10 days I would definitely do Bangkok. I love Hanoi but Bangkok is my favorite city and has more to offer including some interesting day trips. People and food are fabulous. You will have more than enough to occupy your time. This January will be my 19th trip to Bangkok and I have never spent less than 6 days there on any trip and usually spend more. And I still find things to do!
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM

While I very much enjoyed Hanoi, I wouldn't spend 10 days there. But I have no difficulty filling 10 days in Bangkok. And, like Gloria, despite the many times I've been to Bangkok I always come home having things on my list I didn't have time to do!