Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bangkok hotel near Dusit Thani Hotel, Silom?

Oct 7th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Does anyone have the name of a clean, modest priced hotel near the Dusit Thani Hotel, in the Silom area? Preferably something less than $100/night? Our travel mates are staying at the Dusit, but its a little out of our price range. Thanks!
Oct 7th, 2007, 08:43 AM

We have stayed at Swiss Lodge on Convent. It is very clean and reasonable priced. Lots of restaurants along the street and close to skytrain. I made reservations at asiarooms.com.
Oct 7th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Looks perfect, good price and location. Thanks!
Oct 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Hello there..Greetings from Bangkok!

I am in that area, (More or less) as we speak at a lovely serviced apartment right off Sathorn and not far from Silom/SalaDAeng..! It is one of my all time fave places to stay IN BKK and it is the "serviced apartents off Sathorn on soi sunaplu...This is called Somerset SuanPLu! This place is lovely, and is about 10-15 minute walk to silom saladaeng or a five minute taxi. U can check out the internet sites..I like the site Ratestogo.com

In the area around silom/, u can also try a few hotels..U can try Silom Serene off Silom i think it is soi poi pat, or u can try Unico Grande Sathorn, off Silom or u can try MOntien off Suringowasee..There are all good solid choices..

Oh, u can sometimes get good rates at both Holiday INn Silom or Sofitel Silom!

I am a big Silom area fan and have stayed at all these places..Oh, and the apartmenst at Centrepoint Silom is another optio too..that is actually a bit of a distance, i think two bts/sky trains stops to Si,om/Saladaeng but still worth considering..

take care..oh, i like asiarooms.com or sawadee.com or ratestogo.com for bookings...or Atsiam.com too

bye now, bonita..
Oct 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM

The Chin House on Saladaeng would be slightly closer to the Dusit. It's also a serviced apartment. Siam Heritage is also in that neighborhood.
Feb 22nd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

We had relatives staying in the Dusit a few years ago, and we also could not afford it. We checked out the Swiss hotel but it was sold out. We ended up staying in the Bangkok Christian Guest House, which is right near the Swiss Hotel. Both are just a few blocks from the Dusit. I'm not a religious person, so didn't know how a place like that would work out, but they didn't push religion at all. The rooms were spotless, bottled drinking water was provided each day, along with a free continental breakfast served in the dining area in the morning. There was an internet area where you could pay a modest fee to use the computer area, and a really nice private garden outside the guest house where you can relax and enjoy a quiet spot. the rooms are spartan, but clean and comfortable, and quite inexpensive. Also they are air conditioned.