Bangkok and Bali

Search

Bangkok and Bali

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok and Bali

My girlfriend and I are taking a cruise from Bangkok to Bali from November 18 to November 30th 2018. We are adding 3 days before the cruise and 4 days after the cruise. Was thinking of spending the 3 days pre cruise in Chang Mai and the 4 days post cruise in Bali. My girlfriend would like some beach time in Bali and I would like to see batiks being made and purchase batiks. Would love to hear from you about Chang Mai and about where to go in Bali.
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 06:12 PM

Early December is the start of the rainy season in Bali so you may or may not get good beach weather. Hard to predict. I would suggest you look at the Petitenget beach area which is the northern end of Seminyak. This is a wide, sandy ,big wave beach with good choices in accommodations and lots to do (restaurants, shops, spas, clubs) when you're not on the beach. The west coast can be rough for swimming when the tide and swells are high, but it's scenic and lively. Right now the hippest and most energized area in Bali is Batu Bolong in Canggu.

Batik isn't really a Balinese artform, though there are many shops -- mostly in Ubud -- that sell batik and other artisan-made textiles. Many have small workshops where you can see the process, though most of the batik on sale comes from Java. Some excellent shops are Tradisi, Ikat-Batik, Pelangi. If you're also interested in handwoven textiles (which are made in Bali) visit the Sidemen area. Also Threads of Life is a remarkable shop and showroom where you can see and learn about artisan-made textiles from all over Indonesia.
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

THAnks for the information. I contacted Picatours hoping to get Amik Bagoes as our driver but he is booked. Do you have another recommendations?
does anyone have a recommendation for accommodations in Chaing Mai?
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 06:59 AM

"does anyone have a recommendation for accommodations in Chaing Mai?" What price range/ type of hotel?

I assume you are spending some time in Bangkok on arrival? If not I would reconsider spending the three days in Chiang Mai.
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

I am looking for a recommendation for a driver in Bali. We will be there for 4 days and wii be staying in Sanur. I know that we won’t see all of Bali in 4 days but would like to see as much as we can. Planning on going to Ubud one day. Am looking at seeing Purah Tana Lot, Sacred Monkey Forest, Mt Batur,tasting Kopi Lowak, Klingon Kung Palace, Tehgarian Rextiles, Rudama Museum,Darma House of Masks, Goa Gajah. Would like to see Balinese Legong and Kecak. Recommendations for show please. Also, Jatiluwih Rice Terraces. Am I wanting too much or too little. I’m thinking hiring a driver would be good. My friend and I want to tour during the day and return to our hotel and return in the late after for some beach time before dinner.
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 04:09 PM

Nothing in CM you can't find in Bangkok. If you want nature spend 2 nights in Kanchababuri or 2n Ko Samet for beach.