Bali with a large group

May 8th, 2019, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Bali with a large group

This is probably a tricky question that will attract a variety of responses, I'm sure. In August, 2020, We are a large family group going to Bali to celebrate birthdays. The group varies in dynamics from young couples without kids, families with kids, retired couples, middle aged couples etc. The group also varies from first time visitors to multiple visits to Bali. I am looking for accom. recommendations. We are looking at mid range budget, resort style, air con, pools, kid friendly, nice restaurants/ bars, close to the beach etc. My husband and I enjoy the Padma but its too expensive for the young families at peak time. We'd like to avoid Kuta. I understand it's difficult to please everyone but I just want suggestions of places to investigate that you may have enjoyed. Thanks in advance.
May 8th, 2019, 06:07 AM

Approxately how many in your group?
May 8th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

12 adults and 6 kids
May 8th, 2019, 11:44 PM

My suggestion would be to look for one large or two adjoining villas. They won't be right on the beach but there are many that are close enough to walk or a short taxi ride. I would look at Petitenget, Batu Belig and Brawa for a good beach and easy access to restaurants, shops, spas, clubs etc.

Villas are great for large groups because you have both space and privacy. You can socialize or separate as you like. One 8 to 9 bedroom villa or two 4 to 5 bedroom villas will also be a good value compared to a hotel.

I don't have any specific villa recommendations but would look at villa rental services on-line and at airbnb. When you compare prices be sure to note what's included, e.g. chef, car/driver, breakfast.
May 14th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your advice, we will look into that as an option.
May 19th, 2019, 05:56 PM

You should definitely look into hiring a villa. It will probably be cheaper, more fun, more comfortable than getting everyone into a resort-style accommodation. A lot of the larger villas will come with cleaners, cooks, and even drivers included. I once hired one in Uluwatu - it was beautiful, private, convenient, and was the perfect distance from Seminyak - not too close, but not too far either.
May 20th, 2019, 12:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying. Can you remember who you booked through?