Bali house/villa rental

Old Sep 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali house/villa rental

Does anyone know where I can find out about villa / home rentals in Bali?

A 4-5+ bedroom house with a working kitchen should do the trick.

Thanks!
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM

We rented a fabulous house last July about 35 minutes outside Ubud-Villa Montana. It has 4 bedrooms,a pool, staff of 6 or so, beautiful setting, very relaxing.
It would help if you indicated which area of Bali you were interested in and also a price range. There's lots of variation in terms of both location and price.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Try balivillas.com . I used tham last year to rent Villa Dhyan, and a staff of 6, in Ubud for something like US$250 a night. Superb company; reliable.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM

I don't have any specific recommendations except this one which may be pricier than what you're looking for. It's really lovely though.

http://www.allbaliluxuryvillas.com/3...nggu_bali.html

I'm sure you'll have hundreds of choices for January occupancy. Just be sure to get an endorsement from someone who has actually stayed there as it's difficult to judge quality on-line.

I'd rethink the kitchen part. Most Bali villas come with full staff including a cook. It's not just the cooking part but the shopping and clean up -- not easy for a visitor to handle.

Same goes for the rest of the staff -- driver, security, grounds keeper, housemaid. Villas in Bali usually come with a full complement of retainers, and with good reason: it's cheap and an appealing part of the lifestyle.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM

I have rented a house in Seminyak and thought it was very nice. See
http://www.laksmanavillas.com/villajemma/index.html. This is a compound of several villas of varying sizes and prices. I have rented Villa Jemma with friends on two occasions in the last 18 months or so. Each of the 5 or so villas which comprise the compound is set in its own garden and has a good-size pool, the furnishings, etc are in good shape and nicely done. There is a full kitchen that is well fitted-out. They can provide a cook for meals if you want or you can self cater. There are also several good restaurants nearby, including GadoGado, as well as KuDeTa which is a good place for sunsets, or the really lovely and good Living Room. There is a good spa (Bodyworks) practically outside the front door. The one drawback I personally found to this place was that it had no views and was not on the water, but I canít say anything negative about the villa itself or the service. It is a very short walk to the beach, which is a pretty, long wide beach, there is a strong undertow on the current (which is the case with many Bali beaches), but if you donít have young children I think it would be fine.

I would also suggest you try vrbo.com for rentals. I have had very good experiences renting houses in Europe, Canada and the US through this website. See http://www.vrbo.com/ and esp see Villa Jepun which comes with its own boat and skipper!! http://www.villajepun.com/.