Bali trip help - leave in a week

Mar 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Bali trip help - leave in a week

Well, normally I am so prepared for trips. Not this time. I leave in a week and have had no time to prepare for the trip besides book my tickets. We arrive in Densapar at 3pm. I want to at least get my 1st night booked and get some ideas that I can print with me about some good places to stay and towns I should go. I do have travel books, so I will read those on the plane. I usually get the best advice on this forum though. I think I would start with a little R&R on staying on a nice beach after the 23 hours of flying. So any recommendations would be great. I was thinking of going to Lombok & the Gili islands as part of the trip. We will be there for 2 weeks - so all ideas are welcome.
Mar 24th, 2010, 07:27 PM

a good place to start might be in sanur... a lovely beach town....tons of places to stay...

google sanur hotels.....the bali hyatt is real nice there but there are lots of cheaper places as well...

i would never go without a reservation, but you may be more daring...i can't remember if there are hotel agencies in the airport, but there must be an office of some kind...

try also bali discovery tours for assistance...
Mar 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM

jenni, if you're in Bali over Easter week you really should make reservations now as Bali will be quite busy at that time. I like Seminyak beach and the area outside of Ubud, but please give us an idea of your budget for specific recommendations.
Mar 24th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

Oh, I did not realize it got busy this time of year. I am thinking around $100 USD or less, preferably less.
Mar 25th, 2010, 01:11 AM

Your budget will work for a very nice hotel. I would make a reservation for a couple of nights at the beginning and see where things take you. Please note that you will fly into Denpasar, but Sanur, Seminyak and other beaches are within a very short ride and will provide more luxurious surroundings.