Reload this Page >

Bali or Thailand

Search

Bali or Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 01:54 PM
randy

Bali or Thailand

Hi, We are planning a two week honeymoon and want to do both Thailand and Bali. SOme people have suggested that it is not enough time to see both and that we should just stay in Bali. Can anyone please comment on this as to whether they agree/disagree or what. We really want to see both places, but don't want to do tons and tons of traveling.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Kathie

While you could sample each, you'd lose a day of your time traveling between the two. I'd suggest choosing one and planning on another trip sometime that would allow you to see the other. Either place would have plenty to do for two weeks.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Kristina

Pick one.<BR>I've been to both and you could easily spend two weeks in either county. But don't just stay in one resort the whole time, travel around the country for a bit.<BR>If you go to Thailand, spend a couple of days in Bangkok at the Peninsula and then go up to Chiang Mai and down to an island or two. <BR>If you go to Bali, avoid Kuta. Make sure you spend some time in Ubud. You could also go to the neighboring island of Lombok.<BR>If you want to see my experiences in both places, check my website<BR>http://www.wired2theworld.com and click on the RTW journal.Have fun.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 04:53 AM
RJ

From Thailand you can easily check out the islands on the west coast of malaysia. T&L just wrote a cover story on the islands and they amazing. The Datai on Langkawi is truly a showstopper, although not inexpensive.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Bill A

You could do both. One week in Bangkok & Chiang Mai or Bangkok and a beach resort. The second week in Bali, at a beach and Ubud. This is doable.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:27 AM
ryan

Randy,<BR>You can do both in two weeks - provided you don't plan on trying to see all of Thailand in 7 days. After all the pressure/activities surrounding your wedding, you may also want to spend some time relaxing. I know we did.<BR><BR>We went on a 17 day honeymoon in 2000. 2 days Hong Kong, 7 days Phuket, 7 days Bali, 1 day Singapore.<BR><BR>For us, that was more than enough time in each place. In terms of travel, we left Phuket on Singapore Airlines flight and then connected in that city to Bali. <BR>FYI, if you are on a budget, a couple of Asian airlines have "Asia Passes." This allows you to fly from the U.S. to their gateway city and then to any or all of most of the top destinations in Asia. Malaysian Airlines has their's priced at $747. <BR>

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:56 AM
nybob

whats the feeling on thailand vs. bali in early November? For thailand, i would like to do chang mai and a beach resort, for bali jimbaran and somwehere in the south. figure we have 10 days.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Sarah Rey

Personally I found the aggravations of Bali simply 'too much', cannot stand being hassled all the time. But the answer as to whether you can do both is yes, easily. If you leave Bali at about 1.30 it's just 2hrs 20 to Singapore, couple of hours to enjoy the airport's incredible transit facilties and then just 1 hr 20 to Phuket. You can be at your beach hotel by 8.30.<BR>Singapore airlines can check you all the way from Bali so quite easy.<BR>From Phuket you can hop around Thailand easily. You can then do Bangkok if you wish.<BR>I know a lot of people love Bali, for me it's just personal, I guess spoilt by charming Thais! But I would certainly say you have time to do both and using Singapore Airlines is easy.<BR>You do not say which country your are originating from but if it's Oz then using Singapore Airlines is easy and they do excellent combination tickets.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Sarah Rey

Should have mentioned that if you are travelling 'from' Europe southbound then you can fly to BKK, then Phuket, tranit Singapore or sepnd a day or so and then Bali. Singapore Airlines are partners with Lufthansa and you can get ticketed through all these places on 1 total fare.<BR>Let us know where you are flying from and I am sure we can help with some routing tips.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 12:00 PM
ariela

I have friends who did both for their honeymoon and they wished that they had spent all their time in Thailand. I've also generally heard better things about Thailand than Bali. I had an amazing time in Thailand and I didn't think 10 days was enough for Bangkok, Krabi area beach (Railay) and Chiang Mai.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Joelle

Both are great! Difficult choice...<BR>However if you are flying from the USA, jet lag will be tough.<BR><BR>So I'd suggest either a two week stay in Bali and Lombok. There are a lot of things to see in Bali and you can also visit the nearby island.<BR><BR>Should you choose Thailand, then go to Bangkok, stay for a few days (a lot of interesting visits) and then 10 days in the resort of your choice, either in Phuket or Koh Samui.<BR><BR>Doing one week in Thailand and then one week in Bali would be more tiring for you, but very interesting of course.<BR><BR>However, if you live in Australia, one week in each place would be feasible (less travel and jet-lag).<BR><BR>As somebody said in a previous post, spending most of your honeymoon travelling between place may not be the adequate choice.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Joelle

Both are great! Difficult choice...<BR>However if you are flying from the USA, jet lag will be tough.<BR><BR>So I'd suggest either a two week stay in Bali and Lombok. There are a lot of things to see in Bali and you can also visit the nearby island.<BR><BR>Should you choose Thailand, then go to Bangkok, stay for a few days (a lot of interesting visits) and then 10 days in the resort of your choice, either in Phuket or Koh Samui.<BR><BR>Doing one week in Thailand and then one week in Bali would be more tiring for you, but very interesting of course.<BR><BR>However, if you live in Australia, one week in each place would be feasible (less travel and jet-lag).<BR><BR>As somebody said in a previous post, spending most of your honeymoon travelling between places may not be the adequate choice.