Reload this Page >

Bali or Hawaii?

Search

Bali or Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Kristin Cherin

Bali or Hawaii?

My husband and I have been given an incredible gift of a 10-day vacation from his father thru Marriott Rewards. We must stay at a Marriott or a Ritz-Carlton, and Bali and Hawaii are at the top of our list. We need help making up our minds. We would welcome other destination ideas, also. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 06:29 PM
Charles

No doubt - go to Bali. The people are warm and friendly, the crafts and arts in Ubud are wonderful and the rice fields are out of this world. You can hike a volcano also. I've been to a lot of places in SE Asia and this is one of my favorite spots. <BR> <BR>Even though you can stay at the Ritz - I would spend a night or two in Ubud - it is pretty mystical.

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Martin Kieth

I lived in Hawaii for 15 years and while it is gorgeous and very friendly, Bali is whole different and unique destination you should not miss an opportunity to see! <BR>If you'd like a look at what I'm talking about check-out this web site: http:www.//explorephoto.com <BR>Great information on Bali and some wonderful images of the place. <BR>Hawaii will always be there and is much easier to access from the US when you're ready to go there. <BR>I have also lived in Hong Kong for 4 years and have travelled throughout southeast Asia and BALI is my favorite place to go...I say GO FOR IT!!

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 10:07 PM
Dennis Solie

I have never been to Bali but am thinking about going. We did spend 2 1/2 weeks island hopping in Hawaii this year and were very disappointed. Although the undeveloped parts of the islands are very beautiful the rest is just like any other American city. Very little history to see and any trace if the Polynesian culture was almost invisible. We flew over the volcano on the Big Island which was the high point of our trip. We would definitely never recommend that anyone else go there. (Unless of course you like to sit on a beach and pay twice as much as everything is worth)

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 03:13 PM
MikeT

Hawaii is a magical place if you get to know its history and its people. Sure, Honolulu has shopping malls and cars and high rises, but where else do you get the diversity of races and cultures with sunshine and smiles. No where but Hawaii. And the prices are reasonable in relation to what you are getting. In Hawaii, Marriott has beautiful resorts on the island of Kauai and a spectacular Ritz at Kapalua. Enjoy your vacation, whether in Hawaii or Bali. It's a decision I wish I had to make!

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 04:12 PM
marg

Hawaii is just another US state with beautiful scenery. If you want to experience a totally different culture, go to Bali. Plus you will get much more value for your spending money.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 07:19 PM
Lisa

No doubt-BALI!!!! I travel to Bali at least 2 times a year and have been going for over 10 years. I love it! Bali is changing fast into a tourist attraction. But there is tones to see and cheap. Hawaii will not be changing too much and will probably be the same in 10 years, so you have plenty of time to go there. Bali won't be worth going to in 10 years. Have a great time wherever you go.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Elaine

No question, Bali. I have been to both. Sorry, I don't see any deals in US $$$$ in Hawaii. Yes it's beautiful there, but Bali is something else all together. We spent our honeymoon there last year and were very tempted to go back. <BR>I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. <BR>