Bali/Lombok Itinerary Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all! I'm heading to Bali for 13 days in August, and was hoping I could run my proposed itinerary by everyone (there's so much to do and so little time!). I'm a single woman (mid-30s) traveling alone. I'm into photography, so looking for some great photo spots, activities (trekking, snorkeling) and a healthy dose of relaxation. Here's the plan:

- Day 1 (day of arrival) - Day 4: Ubud
- Day 5-7: Amed - The Griya Villas and Spa
- Day 8-11: Lombok - Lombok Lodge
- Day 12- 13: Seminyak
- Day 14: Flight out (afternoon)

Please let me know if you think that itinerary looks good. Just trying to get a look at different areas of Bali, but still get to see the quieter side with Lombok (and maybe a day trip from there to the Gilis).

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:27 PM

Your itinerary seems thought out and doable. I might suggest starting off in Amed which would be a good place to de-jetlag, then heading to Ubud where you'll find the most active activities. I'd add a day to Ubud and subtract one from Lombok.

Or cut out Lombok all together. The Lombok Lodge sounds really nice (I haven't been there) and the beaches are lovely, but getting there and back to Bali will eat up a big chunk of your time. In that event you could add 1 day to Amed, 2 to Ubud, and 1 to Seminyak.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:37 AM

I agree with marmot. While I enjoy Lombok, there is so much more to do/see/photograph on Bali.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:19 AM

suggest you hire a bali driver for a few days to see the back roads etc.

Putu, "my Bali Friend", enjoys photography also and would take you to amazing places for picture taking... google him.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! I've revised my itinerary as follows:

Day 1 (day of arrival) - Day 3: Amed
Day 4-Day 8: Ubud
Day 9-11: Lombok
Day 12-13: Seminyak

I've kept in Lombok because I like the idea of seeing some beautiful beaches, maybe getting in a day trip to the Gilis for snorkeling, etc.

And I've emailed Putu and he's available, so will definitely be hiring him for a few days. I assume using him for the Ubud days makes the most sense?
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:48 PM

My concern would be that you are underestimating the transit time from Bali to Lombok. Even on a fast boat, the total time ends up taking a good part of the day, resort door to resort door.

A few other ideas:

Base yourself in Ubud and take day trips to Amed, Gili Trawangan, also Menjangan in northwest Bali for very good snorkling. The distances are not so great and you wouldn't have to pack and unpack.

Eliminate Amed and extend Lombok.

Try to connect your international flight to a flight to or from Lombok.