Search

Bali hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali hotels

Hi there,

Know of any good hotels in Bali - also any good updated Bali maps. Will be driving around the island.
Went on google but not much help.
Appreciate if any of you guys could help.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 05:15 PM

How about a budget for your hotels?

I would not recommend driving yourself on Bali. Hiring a driver is a better idea. Let us know what your likes and dislikes are and we can guide you.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM

good luck driving...craig has it right...you will see much more with a driver and he will not even cost as much as a car rental...
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 08:09 PM

I stayed in Jimbaran Puri of the Pansea group and loved it. Not that kind of 5-star huge property but very charming.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Do not drive it is much cheaper to
hirer a driver.You can not drive around
the coast road in any case-not possible.
Try the Green Garden Hotel in Kuta.You
can walk to the Mall etc and the trafic
is to heavy to drive at night anyway.
The new Mall is right on the beach.
Have a good time.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 03:04 AM

We were in Bali in June and stayed at the Alam Sari www.alamsari.com in Keliki about 10k north of Ubud. Not particularly luxurious but comfortable with good food and friendly staff from teh village. We walked into Ubud on a couple of days through the valleys and paddies - a really nice walk.

We then went to Permuteran in the north and stayed at the Aman Sari http://www.balitamansari.com fabulous villas!
Finally stayed at the Intercontinental in Jimbaran which was ok but its an old hotel which is begining to look a little tired.
As for driving around Bali, personally I did not have any problems you just need to be aware of the additional hazards such as livestock etc. I much prefer to drive myself and go where the mood takes me. I have used guides in the past and IMO they invariably take you to the usual tourist sites and so you get to see very little of the real country.

The best map to get is the Bali Pathfinder which I think is only available in Bali we got one in the airport. You could try Lonely Planet who publish a range of maps for varius region - I have one for Laos, Tahiland and Vietnam - they may do one for Bali/Indonesia
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 03:31 AM

Check this site for maps of Bali:
http://www.wonderfulbali.com/maps/index.html#area
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 11:29 PM

If you're asking about hotels in Bali, there are too many to mention..need to know your budget for the hotel. But, I found www.streetdirectory.com/indonesia/bali very useful! They have detailed map for Bali including satellite images! Cool huh? bcoz I hardly found (almost never) one that is as complete as this. There're also travel guide review, so you can check on the editorial review for the hotel and also images...hope you find it useful..cheerios!