Search

Bali-bugs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali-bugs

We are considering going to bali for our honeymoon this October. After reading horror stories about sand flies in Thailand, I am a bit frightened because i seem to be bit by everything. but have not found as many stories about bali. Does anyone know if sand flies are as prevalent in bali?

Thank you!
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:29 AM

I don't think I've ever heard of sandflies being a problem in Bali. I tend to sit on a beach chair, not directly on the sand, though. Maybe it's just Seminyak/Legian beach that's sandfly-free, but I can't recall anyone mentioning them anywhere. Mosquitos yes. Heat, sand, sun and salt related rashes yes. Sandflies, no.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 03:00 AM

I've never had problems with sandflies when traveling to Bali. So I don't think you have to worry about that. Just make sure you use mosquito repellant and wear long sleeved shirts and long trousers to avoid getting bitten in specific areas on the island. But I think that you met these buggers in Thailand too....
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both! Cocomoco: which specific parts of the island are you referencing for having worse mosquitos (i.e. wear long sleeves and trousers)