Bali atms -- cirrus ??

Search

Bali atms -- cirrus ??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali atms -- cirrus ??

For those of you who've used ATM's in Bali, did they take Cirrus/Nyce/Star/Maestro cards with MasterCard logos? My bank is useless at giving me this information, though they sure did know what fees they wanted to charge. Smile.
And I know there's one at the airport -- any other locations anyone would like to share?
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:54 AM

There are ATM's in most of the major towns in Bali including Ubud and Seminyak. Our Mastercard worked in both of those places. For additional locations, see this link and enter Indonesia as the country:

http://tinyurl.com/rzbdy
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Craig -- I know everyone has talked about being able to do this easily but figured I'd double check it worked with my card network. Would have thought it would, so good to know for sure that it's that easy.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM

some atms have withdrawal limits which are quite small so you have to do multiple transactions...can cost you fees at home....all those networks are fine there..
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Danger! Watch out doing multiple transactions in one day. We did that because of the small withdrawal limits and our ATM card's fraud department put a hold on our card. Calling the U.S. from Bali was about $14, and not easy.

Ask around (expats are especially helpful with this). Some ATMs had much higher withdrawal limits. You might also visit a bank, which we thought about but didn't try.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM

it is mandatory to notify your banks and your credit card companies of your trip details
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Yeah, we did notify our bank of our travel plans. It did *NOT* stop the bank from shutting down our card after three successive withdrawals, which you will be tempted to do because of the small withdrawl limits. WATCH OUT.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM

christy, sorry that happened to you. Each of your credit cards and banks has a number you can call collect from anywhere in the world if you have a problem. Your fee to connect to a US operator from Bali would have been about US$1.

I had my Visa card rejected in Bangkok once, and I had to call their number. it turned out that their international servers were down. They told me when the servers would be back up, and my card worked again after that.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 03:37 PM

Could others share how they've called collect from Bali (specifically)? I was unable to figure this out. Most call centers would not complete collect calls.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

My bank refunded my call later, by the way.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:01 PM

I can't give you the specific number for Bali, but AT&T, MCI and the other big long distance companies all have a number you can call (different number from each country) to get a US operator who will then complete your collect call. The concierge at your hotel should be able to give you that number if you don't have it with you.