Bali ATMs??

Feb 22nd, 2005, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Bali ATMs??

We'll be in Bali later this month and would like know more about ATMs throughout Bali. We're coming from the U.S. and have an ATM card with (PULSE, CIRRUS, and STAR) on the back. Are ATMS avaiable in Bali that will allow me to use this card? Our bank has a max limit of $500 U.S dollar per day. Does the machines in Bali have a max withdrawl limit? Anyother advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:45 AM

Yes, theree are plenty of ATMs. I'm from the US and have used Plus and Cirrus network cards in Bali. ATMs often have limits, though they aren't usually posted. You can ask for an amount of money, if it declines that amount, ask for a smaller amount. I seem to remember that I was taking out US$200-250 at a time.
Feb 22nd, 2005, 06:51 PM

you will have no problem...take more than one card and from more than one bank if you can...
we found last june that we had to do multiple withdrawals to get the amount we needed because the bali atms have a maximum per withdrawal...its low like 250,000 rp...so when i wanted more i just did multiple withdrawals...usually i wanted 1,000,000 rp-2,000,000 rp...you end up with a stack of bills...
things generally are very cheap...charge things whenever you can or use your debit card to avoid having to carry so much cash....check with your bank to see if they allow debit transactions in indonesia....some do not...
Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:26 AM

I have the same question but I am coming from Europe.

My Bank Card is part of the Maestro network. On its back it has CASH in white letters on a blue background and another icon with CHIP written above it. I suspect though that Maestro is the big network.

My local bank tells me everything will be fine so long as a I have a 4 digit pin. But I would feel more confident if someone had some actual success using such a card.

Has anyone any experience with Maestro cards in Bali?

Thanks
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:24 AM

Bob, that really is a low limit. I didn't run into any machines that had that low a limit. It wouldn't matter if you weren't charged for ATM withdrawals but most people are charged something by their bank.
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:26 PM

i was shocked as well kathie...several had that kind of limit...my atm trips took tons of time to do all the entries..