Bali & Hong Kong

Feb 14th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Original Poster

Bali & Hong Kong

Hi, my husband and I are planning for a trip to Bali in September for about a week. We are looking at a few villas, in particular that has babysitting or kids program as we have a two year old.

One of the few properties that was recommended to me was the Banyan Tree Ungasan, Ayana and W Seminyak. It's so hard to choose as there are so many!!!

Can someone please recommend which is best for relaxation, in particular that has excellent spa treatments.

Also, we are will be staying in HK post Bali for a week. A friend recommended W as it's convenient to the Kowloon Airport station and it's close to Elements shopping mall. With a toddler, I was thinking it might be wiser to get a serviced apartment. Has anyone any recommendation for serviced apartments that does 1 week? Thanks!
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:52 AM

www.booking.com/hotel/id/bali-hyatt.en.html
My fav great kids programs. Careful booking
villas on VRBO one ladylost $10K recently wiring money.
Also www.komaneka.com Ubud Monkey Forest
intercontinental.com great prices view in HK
for me last. Have fun!
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:28 AM

There are plenty of services apartments in HK, some allowing a week of rental, some require longer. I don't have a particular one to recommend, but I can tell you the W is not a convenient place to stay at. If you are partial to Starwoods properties, take the Sheraton instead.
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM

There ARE a lot of choices in Bali. All resorts offer babysitting, though actual kids programs are variable. You want to be careful with a 2 year old outside of your room as facilities in Bali are not child proofed. Many babysitters can't swim so you have to be careful around pools, ponds, lagoons and at the beach. Cliff side accommodations have their own challenges.

If you want a gentle beach I'd look at Jimbaran, Sanur or Nusa Dua. There are Hyatts in Sanur and Nusa Dua that offer good child facilities, though they're not the most luxurious properties. You might look at the new St. Regis in Nusa Dua. I haven't been there but the spa gets good reviews.

The three places you mention are very different. I haven't been to the Banyan Tree yet, but I can tell you that Ungasan is quite isolated from restaurants and anything else. The resort is on a cliff and you have to climb up and down to the beach.

The Ayana is a large, full service resort with a lot of different recreation, eating and spa facilities. Same situation with the beach though.

The W is on the far end of Seminyak beach. This is a big wave heavy surf beach which is beautiful for walking and sunsets but not swim-friendly for a toddler. The resort is VERY trendy (pretentiously so, in my opinion) and I've heard that the loud music can be a problem at night.

Also in Seminyak you might look at The Legian and Samaya. Same beach as the W, but a little more refined. The Legian has suites with kitchenettes which are great with a child. Their babysitters appear to be conscientious, though I've never stayed there with a child.
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I am still undecided on which property to choose in Bali but will most probably go for Lanson Place Hotel in HK.