Search

Bali

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Kerry

Bali

Hello. I will be in Bali in October. Staying at Begewan Giri and Hotel Tugu. ooking for recommendations for where to eat, what to do/see/spa treatments. Also, any comments from people who have stayed at these places. Finally--has anyone been to monkey forest? Thanks! Kerry

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Lee

Why not try posting this on the Indonesia spot?

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 12:01 AM
Made

Both hotels are considered to be among the top new hotels with an eye to luxury. You seem to have chosen very well. <BR> <BR>Begewan Giri is a short drive from Ubud, there are lots of great restaurants, you don't have to eat in the hotel. There are many international type restaurants but for an anthentic flair I would recommend Cafe Wayan on Jalan Monkey Forest for great Balinese food especially the Sunday night Balinese buffet. For a great local spa treatment try the mandi lulur spice massage followed by a soak in a tub of flower petels while you sip hot tea at the Nur Salon on Jalan Hanoman. The Monkey Forest is pretty good, go in the morning while the monkeys are still hungry. If you have any other questions about Ubud feel free to contact me.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Julie

Kerry:<BR><BR>Am planning honeymoon in Bali in March and the hotels you mention are two we were looking at. Please let me know about your experience and any recommendations you might have.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Julie

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Laura

The monkey forest was great - if you like monkeys. They will jump on you, though, because they know you have food.They sell bags of nuts for you to feed them. They have been known to pick your pockets,bags, etc. too, looking for food.<BR>It was cool, though - great photo op.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 08:42 AM
FriendsExperience

The Begawan is very pretty and pricey. A close friend was being transported between her hotel in Nusa Dua and the Begawan- suddenly they had a flat tire. When they got out to help, even though it was an isolated road, someone walked along and took their bags. She lost her passport and plane toickets- she was not guarding them because she was in the hotel's private car, not a taxi cab. This was in Sept. The Begawan would not accept responsibility for this. If you are getting transportation from this hotel, I would strongly suggest being very wary if the driver says he suddenly has a flat tire. Better yet, just hire a taxi to get there. Otherwise have fun- bali is beautiful.