Bangkok airport hotels

Jan 16th, 2002, 04:56 PM
gene

Bangkok airport hotels

we'll be staying in bangkok for one night before a early morning flight to chaing mai. does anyone know of any inexpensive hotels on or near the airport? thanks

Jan 16th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Meg

Gene - I do not know of any airport hotels in Chiang Mai, but it's a short trip from the center of town. I believe our hotel arranged our transport only an hour before our flight. We arrived in plenty of time. The airport is small and check in took no time at all. Hope this helps.

Jan 16th, 2002, 07:23 PM
lynn

Gene -

The absolute BEST choice is the Amari. They have a catwalk connecting from the hotel to the terminal because they are so close. However, they are not cheap. I think it's usually way over $100 a night. Check to be sure.

One place I can say DO NOT STAY AT is the Comfort Inn Airport. The WORST place I've ever stayed in. And that includes some cheap Motel 6 stays.

How early is your flight? It really may not be necessary to stay near the airport. We've been to Bangkok 3 times and after staying near the airport the first time, realized it wasn't necessary if you have an early flight.

Last month, we had a 7am flight and had to be at the airport by 5am. We were staying at the Pathumwan Princess, right in the middle of town, and just hired Thai Airways Limousine Service to take us to the airport. We've used them several times and they're great. When we came downstairs at 4am to check out, he was already waiting for us.

Lynn

Lynn

Jan 18th, 2002, 10:00 AM
julie

We stayed at the comfort inn near the BKK airport a couple of years ago. I thought it was fine. Nothing special, but your basic budget motel. They had a shuttle to the airport.

Jan 18th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Meg

I'm sorry - I misread your post.

Jan 20th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Anna

Gene,
We just returned today from Thailand. We stayed at the Louis' Tavern Day Hotel at the airport. It was 2800 Baht for 8 hours. The room had twin beds and its own toilet and shower, it was nothing fancy but about half the price of the Amari Airport. We called to reserve a room, which I would recommend since they were fully booked the night we arrived. Here is a link to some information:
http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html