Baggage Storage - many thanks

Apr 29th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Baggage Storage - many thanks

I hope someone is able to assist - I understand a previous thread(s) has been posted but I certainly have not had any success locating it - sorry.
Our 'problem' is that we have a 28 day tour group trip in China in mid May. We arrive in Bangkok (from New Zealand) before flying to Beijing a few hours later. We would prefer to leave probably two suitcases in Bangkok and then travel to China as light as we are able. Where is the most cost effective way of storing this excess luggage in Bangkok (this is where we fly out from to the UK mid June). We really would appreciate ANY guidance in this area, as this is also our first time to China (but will not I am sure be the last). Thank you very much in anticipation. David.
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:29 PM

two possible solutions...i think that there is storage at the airport but i do not know where it is...

are you staying in a bkk hotel at all durning this trip? if so i would store it there...i have stored stuff there on past trips for a couple of weeks at a time...i just give it to the bell man and he takes care of it...a good tip helps...you would of course have to go into town for this from the airport...

better suggestion: travel with less baggage...
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM

I have no idea about alternatives to the airport, but you can leave your bags in the departure and arrival halls of each terminal in Bangkok. The cost is 70 baht per day or 35 baht for half day. That baggage area is attended 24/7.

The airport website also shows an unattended baggage area that presumably is less expensive. It's only on the third floor of Terminal 2, near check-in row #10. I was never able to learn whether it involves self-service lockers, whether a particular currency denomination is needed, or the cost. I sent an e-mail long in advance requesting information and never got an answer. You might have better luck: [email protected]
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:35 PM

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the cost is per suitcase.
May 1st, 2004, 11:38 AM

We have also used the left luggage storage at BKK without problem. I've always considered it fairly inexpensive, however, I just did a few calculations and it will cost almost NZ$80 per bag for 28 days. (70 baht x 28 days = 1960 baht = NZ$78.80 on xe.com)

For that price, I wonder if you couldn't ship your extras directly to the UK from NZ. You wouldn't have to hassle with the bags except on your return.
May 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM

I cant say about Bangkok airport but we had a similar situation in Sydney and due to security concerns storage is now limited and very expensive. We left bags several times at hotels where we were returning too, sometimes for up to 6 weeks and at no cost.
Bon Voyage.
May 2nd, 2004, 10:46 AM

We used the left luggage check at BKK last year with no problems. There is one in the domestic hall and one in the international.