Search

baggage service (or similiar) in Bangkok to leave bags with

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baggage service (or similiar) in Bangkok to leave bags with

Hi,

I am flying into Bangkok with my family in December 2007 (for a Thailand/Laos holiday for 1 month) and then possibly flying on to meet a friend in China while my family fly home (to Australia) from Bangkok.

Obviously I will need totally different clothes for China (we will be going to places where it is around 0 degrees, whereas Thailand/Laos will be hot).

So my question is: does anyone know of some sort of baggage service in Bangkok where I can leave my bag for a month while we travel around Thailand/Laos (this bag would contain cold weather clothes for China) and then pick it up (would then give my parents my Thai clothes to take home and continue on with China clothes)?

Thanks
cookiescompanion
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 07:48 AM

There is a left luggage service at the airport. It is open 24 hours a day. The current price is about US$2 per day per piece of luggage.

Another option: If you are returning to the same hotel you stayed at earlier in Bangkok, your hotel will likely store it for free. I've done this many times.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 12:01 PM

We have also left our luggage at our hotel in Bangkok (this works only if you have a confirmed reservation at the same hotel both coming and going). It might depend on where you are staying, however, so probably a good idea to contact your hotel to be sure they provide this option.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for prompt responses.

Do you reckon the baggage service at the airport would be reliable and safe? Obviously I wouldnt leave valuables in the bag (just cold weather clothes and maybe boots), but if it went missing, then I would be in real trouble!
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 05:32 PM

I consider the baggage service to be reliable and safe. I've used it a couple of times with no problems. It's managed by Chubb.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM

Link baggage storage at the airport.
http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/134

Personally I prefer using the hotel to keep my bags. I used one hotel for years. I would leave my bag in their storage room for months at a time with no problems. It was a cheap hotel and they always knew they would get me for one night coming and one night going - worked okay for both of us!