Backpacking

Old Jul 5th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backpacking

Planning on backpacking across south east Asia next summer. I have never traveled anywhere on my own but I really want to go explore the world.
For anyone who has travelled around south east Asia what are some ways you can find work there or work in exchange for accommodation etc.
really want to go enjoy my travel but I need to budget and save money where possible.
Old Jul 12th, 2020, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone who has travelled around south east Asia what are some ways you can find work there or work in exchange for accommodation etc.

-

Some countries may require a work permit and they are not easy to get. Thailand is one of the countries. Right now with so many people out of work they probably won't encourage foreigners taking jobs away from their citizens.

Because of this Covid19 virus it will be a while until some of these countries freely open to tourism the same as pre-virus times. You have time to save more money for your trip next year. In the meantime read up on any visa requirements or other special requirements if you intend to enter free. (Proof of onward travel could be a requirement. Proof of medical insurance might be another.)

Lots of time to investigate entry requirements for each country you want to visit. Right now, for Cambodia for instance, health insurance is a requirement and they may still have a mandatory $3000 deposit just to enter. Who knows what the requirements will be in 2021.

For Asia, not all countries are the same for expenses. Singapore can be more expensive than Malaysia and Thailand. Cambodia and Vietnam and Laos might be a little cheaper to visit and travel in than Thailand. (Based on pre-Covid 19 travel. I am stuck in the US for now so my advice is based on last year.)

* If you are from England look into WHV for work and travel to Australia and New Zealand. Not Asia but you can more easily legally find work as laborer and see another country.

Good luck.