Search

Baby Friendly 5 Star Hotel Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2007, 03:27 PM
GSW
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby Friendly 5 Star Hotel Malaysia

Planning a trip to Malaysia either June or Sept/Oct - have been there often but now have a 2 year old! We are looking for the perfect 5 star beach resort that is going work for us and the baby - we're not talking kids clubs - but maybe baby sitters, safe beaches, caring staff and a kids pool and menus - any advice out there would be greatly appreciated much thanks!
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM

i think you will find most of the asia hotels very kid friendly....there are some that probably are not correct for a child however....you know the kind of place, and many are 5* or 5* want-a-bees....spa, quiet, hide-aways...i would find places that i like and then i would e mail them and ask about the appropriateness of bringing your child and all the other questions you have...

i think you will receive some great replys here also...
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Are you looking for mainland fringing beach resort or island? Are you flying in via Penang, KL, Kuching or Kota Kinabalu? Malaysia is well spreaded and peppered with lots of 5-stars. Fly-in details will be helpful to identify the right resort. If you're coming in via KLIA, I'd suggest Pangkor Island Beach Resort (RM380ish) or Pangkor Laut (RM900!). Both are located in a west coast island roughly 200km north KL. If you're flying in via Penang, the new Shangri-la Rasa Sayang Resort in Batu Ferringhi should be it.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 05:40 AM
GSW
Original Poster

thank you both for your replies - we are probably aiming for somehwere we can drive to from KL/Seremban - don't want hassle of baby and too many flight connections. So Pangkor Laut could be a good place to return to (visited a few yrs back) - any other thoughts that are 1 or 2 hours drive from KL/Seremban. Or alternatively if we don't fly MAS we may arrive in Spore on BA - we could find a resort near Spore or stop somehwere as we may travel up from Spore to KL on the train? Be great to know your thoughts much thanks G
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 12:07 AM

The Avillion may suit you. It's at Port Dickson and that's in Seremban itself.

I'm not THAT sure, but I think Pangkor Laut does not allow children. Pangkor Island Beach Resort on the other hand is quite suitable...I was just there with family in February - it has a private beach and plenty of kids around. But that'd be like at least 3 hours drive from KL.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 02:07 AM

Have a look at the Andaman or Tanjung Rhu in Langkawi. Andaman has the better beach for swimming etc IMV. Langkawi is a 45 min flight from KL.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 03:13 AM

Avillion is a good option. Posh 5 star, chalets perched on stilts along Port Dickson shoreline. It's located along Spore-KL. Not possible to reach Avillion by train though. It's roughly 1.5 hrs drive from Seremban and 2.5hrs drive from KL. Caveat: don't expect clear blue sea. It's murky.

Must you start from Spore, KL or Seremban? If you're adventurous and driving around Malaysia isn't a problem, start your journey from Spore and make your way to Mersing, east coast, enroute Tioman island instead - great corals and blue sea guaranteed this time of the year. Try www.japamalaresorts.com for Tioman, very posh boutique resort. Alternatively, fly in KL, get japamala to arrange transfers. Saves you the headaches. They have office in KL and also own the famous Tamarind Hill and Tamarind Springs restaurants.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Pangkor Laut definitely accepts children as guests. We were there for 2 weeks last January, our fourth time, so yes, we thoroughly enjoy everything there. However, we were told that starting March, there would be demolition of Samudra, reception, Palm Grove, and then reconstruction. How long this would take, I do not know. They also said, they would close those villas surrounding that area. If you've been there before, then you know that those garden villas around the frog pool are probably the most ideal for children. I would definitely contact the PLR office and ask about this.

We've never been in Malaysia at the right season for Tanjong Jara on the east coast, but June, Sept-Oct would be ideal. It certanly looks better for children as it seems to be on one level. I'm sure the service and ammenities would be 5*