Search

Attn: jamesA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: jamesA

hi there....hope you are well...

you have done so well by us in previous times, how about a suggestion for koh lak for december, '06, a la peace resort and barali resort.....

what is the situation there post tsunami? i know it was desperate....

do you fly to phuket to get there??

merry christmas to you and the family

bob
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM

Thanks for the wsihes Bob and of course same to you and your wife and family.
We are doing Jomtein then up to Prachin Buri for some family get togethers and then maybe HH for a few days.

Khao Lak I don't know well at all, drive thru there several times over the years and it grew immensly and ws becomming popular ( i.e rows of tailor shops and euro restaurants along one main road...you get the drift! ) so never appealed to me that much, but it looks like we will be moving to Hua Hin probably Feb time and will be opening a branch in Phuket so over the course of 1st half next year will be driving a lot thru the south and Khao Lak is on the list as we want to go as family to the temple there for obvious reasons.
As you cross off your list of 'been there' one that sticks out is Krabi/Koh Lanta (? ), perhaps you could do the whole area as just a few hours by road between each.
Phuket is the Airport and then drive north. You could get a rental at Phuket Airport, drive to Khao lak, down thru Krabi to Koh Lanta and then fly back to BKK from Krabi or Trang, doing that area a rental is quite a good idea and reasonable if you use Budget for say a one week rental, no drop charge, much quieter than Phuket/Samui etc but Krabi Ao nang seems to have a surge in good restaurants nowadays.

PS Not sure if appropriate to post a message asking people to take a 'moment' on ( 25th US )26th Dec to 'remember' and think of those who are still suffering loss, what do u think ? Is that a bit heavy? Not sure....
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
CFW

James -- absolutely appropriate and thank you for reminding all of us.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

we will give our thoughts and future prayers as well....i think you would be an appropriate person to post this request as a seperate message....do it now before people get busy....it will generate lots of responses!!
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

the place i am thinking of is the place that is very busy and about 1/2 way up the west coast line....it was the place that was worst hit by the tsunmai....maybe i have the name wrong??

bob

happy new year also....

you have your heart in HH so why not move there....get a big house and we will all come and visit...

i would not rule out a couple of days around HH next november....any suggestions for this along the line of the above request....small resort with good restaurant and decent pool and beach??