Asiarooms.com to use or not to use ?

Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Asiarooms.com to use or not to use ?

Has anyone used Asiarooms.com to book accommodation ???
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:47 PM

They have gotten good reviews. Be sure you understand the booking conditions/change/cancellation policies for your booking before you pay.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM

Do a search on this site, there have been a number of posts recently about this and other booking agencies.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM

They offer some cheap, good accommodation. We used them for Singapore and had no hitches. We also attempted to get a hotel in Kyoto through them and they were slow to respond to our request. Just give them ample time (2-3 days) to confirm your booking.
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:05 AM

I did a search on this site (as well as thru google) of asiarooms.com. Seems the only complaint against them is regarding their failure to refund monies with a cancellation--even if the cancellation is done in accordance with their policy. I was (am) a bit skeptical because their price for room in Siem Reap is 1/3 less [Le Meridien @$130 including taxes and breakfast] than all competitors (including the hotels own website). Some of their prices are competitive, but some are down right cheap. I guess you pay your money and take your chances.
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Original Poster

KimJapan - Kathie - Smiles3usa - Lyndie

Thank you all for your comments

cheers Zulu
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:17 AM

I am struggling to get my refund at asiarooms.com -- MAJOR HASSLE ($664 US). Called the 24 hr reservation line and sent 4 inquiries on the status. They keep telling me that I should call my credit card company as they have released the funds from their accounting department. But my credit card company sees no activity. Close to reporting a FRAUD case, but will wait a few more days.
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:07 PM

Well, its not fraud but you can file a dispute with most credit card companies. You will have to show in writing that asiarooms did not honor whatever it was that you agreed to relative to asiarooms terms and conditions. The credit card company should not hold you liable for the charge and any interest during the dispute period until the dispute is resolved one way or another.
Sep 26th, 2005, 07:14 PM

Thanks Craig for your responses. You and KimJapan have brought me some good luck. I received my credit of $664 today. The frustrating thing about this whole experience is the time that it took to get a refund (over two 1/2 months). The company was quick to take your money but was extremely slow to refund it. The client had to get 'ugly' before they listened -- and that is unfortunate.....as I am someone who is generally calm and patient. Since others are giving good reviews about their experiences with Asiarooms.com, I will keep the other reservations active for my stay in Vietnam. Hopefully I will have positive thoughts when I return from that vacation. Again, thanks.
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:21 PM

I have had similar issues trying to get a refund but for accomodation that I was told could not be booked in the first place - i.e. I made a booking, got a return email telling me that the booking could not be processed but found out later that I had been charged anyway. They initially refused me a refund, I got fairly angry and they then promised me a refund but it has now been two months ... maybe I'll get lucky at 2 and 1/2 months like JMadison
Nov 28th, 2005, 11:48 PM

I had very good experience with them for my room reservation in Thailand. There were so many websites that I looked for, but asiarooms.com is very cheap and can confirm my booking quite fast (about 1 1/2 day).
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:04 AM

for our forthcoming holiday to Thailand i booked five different hotels through asiarooms. In all cases the rates were by far the most competitive. In all cases i followed the booking with an email to the hotel and in all cases they confirmed the booking. One hotel I had to cancel - i got a message back informing of a refund withon 24 hours. Granted the refund took four weeks to appear on my credit card but both asiarooms and my bank at home confirmed that international credit card refunds take a while.