Asiarooms

Aug 7th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Asiarooms

One month ago, I was looking for good prices for hotels in Indonesia and Hong Kong. I saw the Asiarooms advertising on Google but I did not know if it was a reliable agency.
Now, I can say that Asiarooms is a very good and reliable booking service !
Prices are always the best I have found on Internet and better than those we can try to negociate directly on place.
Of course, I was quite afraid when I gave my Visa card number by internet, to an unknown thaïlandese tourism agency. But everything was perfect, no problem at all (I booked two hotels ; the second one was the brand new Ubud Hanging gardens : an exceptionnal luxury hotel that I strongly recommend !). Booking was confirmed in 24 hours. Breakfast and taxes are include in the price. So, in conclusion, an excellent, fast and reliable service !
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Interesting that this is your first post on Fodors. So will you do a trip report or simply tout Asiarooms?
Aug 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM

It's funny, lcuy...I was thinking the same thing!!
Aug 7th, 2005, 05:25 PM

In my own experience with AsiaRooms, I've found that they often list hotels that they don't really have relationships with. When you try to book these, you'll be told the hotel is full and offered another property. Sort of a bait and switch approach.

While the prices are good, PrecisionReservations.com can usually beat them by a few dollars.
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:04 PM

Shop around, I honestly doubt any one single company has any better overall deal with any one particular hotel, though different companies would have different overheads so some might have to add more than others in costs, always shop around and my suggestion also is to go for local orientated sites that don't just show a photo and description of a hotel but also have local tips, suggestions and ideas, some tect information that is local to give ideas about which hotels are where, who they perhaps are suited for, choice of rooms etc.

Do also remember to search on Yahoo to find regional Asia sites.
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM

As far as confirmation, I should think within 24 hours would be standard !!and I normaly ( with who I use for within Thailand and another service I use for Hong Kong etc )get confirmation within hours ( in my case by Message direct to my cellphone ), sometimes within an hour, if in fact I had 'not' received a confirmation in 18 hours or more I would chase them, but never once had to chase. When booking as I recently did for HKG with Hotelclub the confirmation was 'instant', automatic when I did the original booking, same for a hotel in Australia, it came back confirmed immediately right there and then.

Shop around!!
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:55 PM

I have found Asiarooms very good. I have booked 4 hotels and one was full, mmm I wonder if you are right about the relationship thing. This is the hotel that I contacted directly and they told me that they couldn't offer such a low rate.......

Although with the other 3 bookings, I was very pleased with them and the rates were the best I had seen on the net......
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:04 AM

James makes some very good points. It's always worth spending an extra few minutes to shop around before comitting to one supplier. If I don't know an area well, I'll usually try to find the hotel's own web site to find out where they really are, as well as to check their own prices. Although it rarely happens, occassionally you stumble across a hotel that actually does have low internet rates.

The hotel sites are also the place to go for last minute reservations or to get rooms during peak periods. They will almost always have rooms even when the discount sites say they are full.