Around the World Airline Tickets

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Karen

Around the World Airline Tickets

We are planning on traveling from Los Angeles to several stops in Asia and then on to Europe. Has anyone used the airline ticket consolidators specializing in around-the-world tickets, such as AirTreks or Ticketplanet? We would be interested in hearing your first hand experiences and advice. Thanks.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 09:51 AM
xxx

Cathay Pacific Airlines offers multi-stop passes through various cities in Asia (though Beijing isn't included on the routes).

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Erin

Hello,
My boyfriend and I are taking a 6 week trip around the world in December. We are travelling to New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Nepal, India, and London. We purchased our tickets through AirTreks and were extremely satisfied. Our tickets cost just over $2000, which we thought was a great price. We have family travelling with us to New Zealand and their round trips just to New Zealand and back cost only $200 less than our entire 6 week trip. I would highly recommend AirTreks. I also have a friend who is leaving for a year long trip around the world next week and she too used AirTreks and was very happy with their prices and the service. Have a great trip!

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:40 PM
texasgirl

Singapore Air and Virgin Atlantic have just announced a deal for an around the world ticket, good for 30 days, for $1500. think travel can commence in August but not sure of ending date. for that, you get one transpacific and one transatlantic flight and as many other stops as you want, if you keep under certain mileage. (think about 25,000) .

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Barbie Doll

Try checking out the Star Alliance website. This is a ground of about a dozen or so international carriers that have joined forces with a goal of "seemless travel". Carriers include United, Thai, Air Canada, Lufthansa, SAS. They have a round-the-world fare. It's quite a good value. Check out their website at www.staralliance.com.
An airline employee from Canada

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 11:24 PM
Rel

I don't know if you can only book these sort of tickets from your own country but last year when we did an around the world ticket on Qantas it cost us about AU$3,000 which is only US$1500. The US conversion rate makes our AU dollar very unattractive but if you can book through an Australian agent would be extremely attractive to you.

Our round the world included:
Perth - Sydney - LA - Vancouver.
Then Calgary - Quebec City.
Then Boston - NY -DC.
Greensboro HP to Gatwick - to Dublin
Belfast - Glasgow
Edinboro - Barcelona
Istanbul - Hong Kong - back to Perth.

Where we had breaks we obviously drove, caught trains etc. So you can see there was no limit to stops on our type of ticket.
Our flights included Qantas, Horizon Air (to Canada), American Airlines, British Airways, and Cathay Pacific. We were upgraded to Business Grade once and to First Class once on the Istanbul - Hong Kong sector.

Plus we got all our frequent flyer points towards the next time!