Apsara show

Nov 1st, 2005, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Apsara show

Has anyone been to any of the Apsara dinner shows near Angkor Wat? I know that the Grand Hotel d'Angkor, the Angkor Village and the Chao Praya all offer nightly venues. Any thoughts on these?
Nov 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM

We went to an Apsara show at the Kulien (spelling?) restaurant. It was a buffet, food just okay, but the dancing, costumes and show were wonderful and the photos we took of the dancers came out so beautiful.

Tried to book the Grand Hotel d'Angkor show but was told it was booked full.
I would try to book an Apsara Show at the Grand Hotel d'Angkor.
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:41 AM

We stayed at the Angkor Village and went to the Aspara show there. The dinner was a set menu, but served all at once on a tray. The food was OK. The show was interesting. You're really going for the show, not the dinner. They have the low tables there so it looks like you have to sit on the floor, but there is open space under the tables to hang your legs down.
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:37 AM

I also saw the Apsara show at the Angkor Village in 10/03. the food was disappointing, but the show was very unique. Nice experience.
Jan 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM

We recently stayed at the Angkor Village Hotel and saw the Aspara show in their theatre across the street. The hour-long show, with classical and folk Cambodian dancing, was delightful. I have heard that the set menu is not that good. In fact, when we were at the show, we noticed that the couple's dinner trays next to us were hardly touched.

I would recommend your eating elsewhere, then going to the show only (reserve your seats with the hotel). Or eat from the a la carte menu at the Angkor Village Hotel's main restaurant where you will have more choices than the set menu. The food was good enough, and the setting of the restaurant and hotel beautiful.