Anyone Stay at the Nam Hai in Hoi An

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering a trip to Vietnam and thinking of staying at the Nam Hai. Looks gorgeous and most of the reviews out there are positive, but wondering if anyone here had any experience, either good or bad.

I'd be especially grateful for thoughts on its location relative to Hoi An, Hue, and My Son
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM

the closer that you stay to the downtown area the happier you will be... we stayed a 10 minute walk away and that was perfect..
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 08:58 AM

I stayed at the Life Resort which was close to town and had a gorgeous pool area but did see the Nam Hai from a distance. You can probably find someone who stayed there on flyertalk.com in the Luxury Hotel forum.
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 05:13 PM

I stayed at Nam Hai about a year ago, I thought it was very good. While it is outside of town, you can get there easily, as it is about a 10 minute drive to the old town and the hotel offers a shuttle service. If you like biking, it is also bikeable, as it is only about 5-6 miles on the flat, although that can get hot. The hotel has lovely villas of a very good size, and is on a very pretty part of the beach. The food was on the expensive side and was not overally outstanding but perfectly fine. They have a good spa. I would stay there again, and hope to do so in the next few months.

The Life Resort might also be an interesting choice.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:31 AM

I think that this was easily one of my top 3 favorite luxury hotels EVER!!! I am a travel writer for a living too so that says something!

Check out my personal review here: http://travelingpanties.com/2012/09/...nam-five-star/

And the article I wrote on Fodors where I included it here: http://www.fodors.com/news/story_5323.html
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Stayed at the Nam Hai for a week. The location from town is really now a problem. The property is gorgeous, and the villa was one of the best we have ever stayed in. It is a short drive from Hoi An town, and quite close to Da Nang. The marble village, marble mountain are probably 15 minutes and cheap cab ride away. There are ample taxis available at the front of the hotel at anytime of day.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Stayed at the Nam Hai for a week. The location from town is really not a problem. The property is gorgeous, and the villa was one of the best we have ever stayed in. It is a short drive from Hoi An town, and quite close to Da Nang. The marble village, marble mountain are probably 15 minutes and cheap cab ride away. There are ample taxis available at the front of the hotel at anytime of day.