Anyone flown Air China internationally?

Jul 14th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Al

Anyone flown Air China internationally?

I"m trying to decide between flying United Airlines vs. Air China from San Francisco to Shanghai. Air China is non-stop, which sounds nice. Anyone have any experiences flying Air China or any recommendations?

Jul 16th, 1999, 12:43 AM
Chris

I flew Air China from SF to Shanghai. It was not non-stop. On the way over we flew through Beijing and then to Shanghai. On the way back we flew straight. They only fly non-stop from SF to Shanghai on certain days. We were not told that the trip wasn't non-stop. I was not impressed with Air China. The price ($620) round trip in February was what appealed to me. The movies they showed had no english audio channels on the headphones, and the plane was VERY old. I have family that teaches in China and they usually fly Untied. If the price is about the same I would go with United.

Jul 31st, 1999, 12:59 PM
Lisa

Flew Air China in mid-June from San Fran to China. If the price is the same, FLY UNITED!! Flight was o.k. but movies very old, attendants didn't speak much english. Air China does give Northwest frequent flyer points.

Aug 1st, 1999, 08:10 AM
JP

I haven't flown Air China internationally, but did fly from Hong Kong to Beijing a few years ago and I would recommend t stay away! The service was horrible and the planes were old. Not to mention, very rude passengers! TAKE UNITED!

Aug 1st, 1999, 04:01 PM
Phil

I am flying China Airlines on September 5 from TPE to LAX on Flight 6 in Dynasty Class. It's a Boeing 747-400 . I've read mixed reviews on China Airlines service. Anyone have comments on this specific flight?

Aug 18th, 1999, 08:14 PM
Charlie

Phil, China Airlines is the Taiwan-based carrier. It's not the same as Air China, the PRC carrier.

You may get better service on China Air than Air China, but it's almost as likely to crash. Their safety record is abysmal. I'd try to avoid flying them, if you can afford something else (there's a reason their fares are so low!).