Search

Looking for a good India Tour Co.

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM
ECS
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a good India Tour Co.

I would like to go to India for a month and am looking for a tour company. I do not want to do a group tour. I want a private tour guide and a company which can provide an individual itinerary. Thanks.
Old May 6th, 2004, 09:47 PM

We just came back from Kerala and used Companion holidays, they were excellent. Everything went smoothly and they used english speaking guides and drivers with good quality cars and hotels. If you let me know which state you are intending to visit I can let you know the contact.
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:54 AM

Compass Tours has been recommended previously on this board and we have been working with them to set up a trip in February 2005. They appear to be quite willing to customize to our individual itinerary.
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:21 PM

We spent a little over three weeks in India in December and hired the most wonderful guide through the Imperial Hotel in Delhi--highly recommend it as a way to go. We had a great car and traveled about 2000 miles throughout Rajasthan with a great driver/guide that spoke excellent English. Let me know if you would like more info.
Doing the trip this way gives you so much more freedom than a tour company.
[email protected] is my email.
Old May 14th, 2004, 08:43 AM

Hello there. ..Greetings from Delhi! Yes, definitely a great idea to organize a custom-made program independently, as it can be done pretty afforadably in India, and will give you so much more flexibility and freedom then a group Tour. I can def. make some suggestions of whom to contact, places to visit, Hotels to stay, etc., as I have been in and out of India for 15 years now, working, studying, traveling, etc. so feel free to be in touch along the way in your planning. For the Tour Company, I know many, but I suggest contacting Le Passage To India, based in Delhi but with offices all over INDIA. This Company handles the arrangements for many U.S Tour Operators, so they are very experienced, reputable, etc, and you can go straight to the source. They can organize everything for you-you create the program with them,(Hotels, cars, trains, domestic flights, transfers, guides, special requests, etc). Feel free to be in touch and I would be happy to give more suggestions in your planning, and additional contact info for the Company, (whom to contact, etc)....Okay, happy trip planning!