Anantara Resort, Hua Hin

Nov 1st, 2001, 06:32 PM
Kathie

Anantara Resort, Hua Hin

Has anyone stayed at the Anantara Resort and Spa in Hua Hin? I read rave reviews of it in a spa magazine, but I'm not sure I trust the magazine. Any info you have about this resort would be much appreciated.

Nov 1st, 2001, 11:04 PM
allie

Hi Kathie...
I've been to Anantara once and I think it is one of the best resort in Huahin. I'll be in Thailand again in April and I start do some research on the web and come accross www.passionasia.com they offer me Chiva-Som resort. Any comment about this resort and spa?

Nov 2nd, 2001, 07:18 AM
Kathie

Sorry, Allie, I don't know the Chiva-Som resort.

What did you like about the Anatara? Did you use the spa?

Nov 2nd, 2001, 09:00 AM
Sarah Rey

The Anantara is excellent, owned and operated by the same company that operates the Hua Hin Marriot Resort and Spa. Both excellent. Conder Naste votes the Chiva-Som as No. 1 ( not sure which categary but believe it is as world's best spa or something like that ). The Chiva Som is around B 10,000 (US$250) a night. B 10,000 is an incredible price in Thailand but then again, for US$250 you are getting one of the world's best. Believe, depending on time of year, the Anantara should be around US$90. Both have absolute beachfront locations.
Sarah (BKK)
Sorry I don't put in my email address since being 'flamed' some time ago.

Nov 2nd, 2001, 09:03 AM
Sarah Rey

Forgot to mention Anantara is about 3-5 mintes from airport, Chiva about 10 minutes. Don't worry about any aircraft noice as only prop-planes and they approach and depart to/from the opposite direction as not permitted to fly over Hua hin itself, so convenient (but quiet). Takes 30-35 minutes from Bangkok, or 2.5-3 hrs by limo.

Nov 2nd, 2001, 11:14 AM
Kathie

Sarah, Thanks for the info. By the way, where can you find that price ($90)? On Asia-hotels.com I found published rates for the Anantara of $174-500, and internet rates of $129-350. At another site, I found rates at the Chiva-Som of $220 per night per person, double occupancy!!

Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:03 PM
Sarah Rey

Chiva for $220 is good. It's about B 45.7 to the USD at the moment so that's close to the 10,000 mark. You need to search out the on-line booking systems as the prices vary a great deal. I'll check and get back to you.

Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:21 PM
Kathie

Sarah, Chiva was $220 per person ($440 a night double) which I thought was very high. (that did include some spa treatments, Anantara was about $220 a night for two people, including spa treatments. )I have checked quite a few websites, if you have one you like, do let me know. Thanks for your help on this!!