AMARI CORAL BEACH HOTEL

Nov 1st, 2000, 03:30 AM
Elaine Fennessy

AMARI CORAL BEACH HOTEL

Has anyone stayed here ? Would appreciate good or bad comments. Thanks

Nov 1st, 2000, 05:57 PM
MaryAnn

Amari is a pretty nice chain of hotels in Thailand. I've never stayed at the Coral Beach, but I've stayed at one of the Amaris in Bangkok. It was like a Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson, etc...Not much on individual charm, but very comfortable and plenty of amenities.

Nov 5th, 2000, 12:03 AM
james allan

If you are referring to the Phuket Amari then I should advise that the location is a bit of a problem. It is at the very far end of Patong on a hill and you really need to take a tuk-tuk to/from. This can be pricey although only a very short distance. There is a very very very small beach! Although the Amari chain is excellent it is simply the location of this one that's the problem. Club Andaman is a good bet if you want a nice hotel in Patong, a little away from the noissy centre of Patong, nice gardens, pools etc. But walking distance to everywhere and opposite main part of the beach. Have a great time.

Nov 6th, 2000, 09:26 PM
Tye Hartall

Accomodation in Phuket is so cheap, I wonder why anyone stays at the high end hotels like the one you described.

Better to stay in a cheaper hotel and have a lot more spending money.

Trust me, I live in Phuket.

Nov 8th, 2000, 07:52 AM
Bly

Tye:

What are your suggestions for clean, safe, well located accommodations in Phuket with a/c? What is considered cheap? Thanks! bly

Nov 10th, 2000, 12:34 PM
Dianne

I just got back from there! I loved the hotel. The grounds were very attractive and the breakfast buffet was great. The rooms were nice enough, all with beautiful views of the ocean. There are 2 swimming pools and a nice private beach for sunning, but not good for swimming (too shallow and rocky). I thought the quiet location was great because it's so noisy on the main drag. It was an easy 10 min walk to the main area. Take a tuk tuk (they're everywhere) back because it's uphill a bit. I believe it cost 70 baht (about $2). There's a tour desk so it's easy to book excursions and they'll come and pick you up.