Amari Airport Hotel BKK

Search

Amari Airport Hotel BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amari Airport Hotel BKK

Any opinions/experience with the standard room vs the executive floor rooms? I figure it is a short stay for anyone there, so there must be some benefit besides fancier shampoo, but one never knows.
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:15 AM

There is a walk-thru from the airport terminal, but the hotel is quite expensive. Rama Gardens has a shuttle bus and you save a lot.
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:00 AM

My only experience at the Amari was just awful. Others here have had better experiences. I wouldn't stay there again (dirty rooms, poor service, lobby filled with mosquitos, inedible food) I'd stay at the Rama Gardens.
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:46 AM

I have stayed on the Executive Floor. There are two things you get for your money over the standard room in addition to more space and more amenities:
(1) Separate check-in/check-out
(2) Free breakfast in your room at any time--helpful for those very early morning departures
(3) Free drinks and hors d'oeurvres in the Executive Floor lounge

Incidently, our room was spotless, service on the Executive Floor was excellent, we did not go in the lobby (separate check-in no mosquitos there) and had a decent breakfast that arrived at our room at 5 AM when they said it would.

I have also stayed at the Rama Gardens. Thai Airways put my wife and I up there when we had a flight cancelled due to mechanical difficulties. I understand that it is less expensive and it was not a bad place. It was a very long walk from the front lobby to our room. You won't be able to get breakfast in the restaurant before 6 AM and you do have to take that shuttle.

We will be staying at the Amari on the Executive Floor again this summer on our way to and returning from Bali.
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Craig, thank you VERY much. This is exactly what I needed to know and makes this decision very easy. Sounds like it is worth the extra cost for us.