Reload this Page >

Amanwana and Amankila Info

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 02:44 PM
Joseph

Looking for feedback on both the Amanwana and the Amankila. Thanks for any thoughts!

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 06:03 PM
Dawn

Hi Joe, <BR> <BR>I saw your post and I had to reply - my husband and I were at the Amanwana and the Amankila last October and we just loved them both -both very different - both a must to visit - a brief review - Amanwana is on its own Island very remote and removed from anywhere - you will just relax here - in your awesome surroundings and in you luxury "tent", while monkeys will run around the area - it is a club like setting where you will mingle(if you like), with the other guests - we had a ball there - great fishing, snorkeling, and just relaxing - wonderful service - as is a constant in all Aman properties!!!! <BR>Now the Amankila just might be the best resort type of place I have ever stayed - just incredible in every possible way!!!! We had a suite with a private pool - it was beyond words - everything about this place was breathtaking I would recommend at least 3 nights in each place. I would also recommend to make this a trip of a lifetime a place in Ubud called the Begawin Giri Estate - it is made up of 5 different residents and you can book a suite(highly recommend the master suite) - it is like staying in your own private estate - out of this world - it is something you have to experience to understand - without a doubt one of the best travel experiences we have every had - the service is out of this world - each resident has its own butler and cook to cater to you!!! Enjoy yourself - the people of Bali are remarkable - we fell in love with them!!!

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 04:12 PM
Jeff

I agree. Amanwana was wonderful (I was there 10 days ago). Begewan Giri may be the best-furnished "hotel" (if you can call it that) I've ever seen, with a stunning location. I got the sense Begewan was under-booked. One complaint I've heard about Begewan Giri(which appears well-founded) is the comparative lack of privacy due to shared common areas (lounge/pool, etc.), particularly compared to Amandari.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 02:06 PM
BILLY

Amandari in Ubud sucks. Way too expensive and the food was terrible. We had the tuna snack and left and had dinner at the 4 seasons sayan. You should be ashamed to over $1000.00US a night when 99% of the people in Indonesia dont make that in a year. Leave your luxury loving lifestyle in the US when in Bali.$$$ isnt everything

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:22 PM
Peter T.

Bali is wonderful!! Amankila is truly worth a stay and worth the money. But Bill is right when you also want to stay in the Ubud area (what I highly recommend) dont stay at the amandari..the Bhegawan Giri or the Four Seasons at sayan are definetely the better choice.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 01:20 PM
billy

AMEN PETER, <BR>Its about time I read a message here where someone knows what is going on here.Ubud is something else but you will never know staying at those high end resorts.AND THE TRUTH SHALL BE KNOWN

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Betsy

I was told about the Giri estates and the Amankila. As i read i am under the impression that the Giri is the place to stay? I will be on my honeymoon and want to end our trip with 5 days at either place. why would you recommend one over the other? we are also looking to stay for somewhere for the first part of our trip. we want to experience as many sides of Bali as possible. any suggestions. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 07:25 PM
toby

Yes BILLY lets all follow your advise & not travel to Bali and not spend our $$$ on expensive hotels and just let all those who depend on US tourist $$$ starve!! YOU should be ashamed!!! <BR>