air flight to China

Search

air flight to China

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air flight to China

I have a hard time sleeping in air planes. What tricks did you use for the trip to China. How bad is the jet lag. I've flown to London, Hawaii and Rome but think China will be a lot longer.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 05:37 AM

Jetlag is bad on that flight, no matter if you sleep on the plane or not. I've done that flight more than 30 times and I never look forward to it. Each time the flight is never quite as bad as I remember. But no matter how long the flight actually is, it is always the last 2 hours that are the most difficult.

It is the return trip (to the US) that is the most difficult for jetlag, and can sometimes take up to a week to fully readjust.

Buy a pair of isolation headphones (either in-the-ear or noise canceling) these help me sleep better on the plane, whether I am listening to music or not.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 05:39 AM

Also, please don't double post your questions ;(
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 01:53 PM

I had a horrible time sleeping on the plane and I'm still suffering from jet lag. Someone told me it takes one day for every hour time difference to recover from jet lag. I don't know,but it's taking me forever.

The one thing I would definitely suggest is the neck pillow helps you sleep. I did use that and it prevents your head from bobbing and helps in sleeping. I slept maybe 1/2 hr over, but much more coming back (from pure exhaustion). That neck pillow really does help. Some suggest the eye covers, but as I said the my TR, the attendants close all the windows and the plane is DARK for most of the trip.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 03:47 AM

I often take sleeping pills on long flights but did not take one on my recent trip to Seoul from JFK. I did not sleep. The jet lag was not bad flying west. I got tired in the mid-afternoons in Korea for about 2-3 days, that is the extent of it. If you fight that and try to keep normal local hours it passes pretty quickly, or at least it did for me. It took me more than two weeks to completely get over jet lag after arriving back in New
York, though. Maybe not enough incentive to "get with it" after arriving home.