Air Asia - Problems with Website

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to book flights on Air Asia within Malaysia and Singapore for the last couple of days without much success. Yesterday the site was denying my credit cards (I tried a couple) and my credit card company says everything is fine at their end. Today I can't even get to that as the seat assignment function always comes up saying the site is too busy. When I click on "Live Help" I get a message saying that they are off-line.

Any advice on how to book flights on Air Asia?

Anyone have similar problems?
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM

yup. Same deal. It ain't just you.
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:22 AM

The same thing happened to me last Dec, customers service was able to fix it on the phone. I was in BKK then, I don't believe there is a number to call in the USA as of last year.
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 03:39 PM

It is a problematic site. A month ago, it took me many tries over a few days before I was able to complete a transaction. Worse, the site keeps adding charges for things you don't really want to buy from them - like trip insurance for $20., and 3 other things you have to watch - of which 2 are unavoidable (payment for 1st bag checked and "convenience fee" - oh yeah, what convenience was that???).
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM

i had the same problem....try just signing on through internet explorer....that may solve your problems oddly enough...
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Is this the same Air Asia that flies from Siem Reap to Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong? When we made our reservations for that route, we had absolutely no problem, and didn't have any extra charges added. I've already been billed, so I know the amount of the charge was correct. Is this a sporadic thing?
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

This is infuriating. Will I ever get it to take my credit card? I could care less about the extra fees as they are part of the deal but it is a total pain-in-the-ass entering and reentering all the info (and of course, going through 3 steps to decline the insurance). How does this airline stay in business?

Any hints other than making a super long distance call to customer service?
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 06:32 AM

Craig I just bought some domestic Thailand tickets today without any problem. Try using another bank's credit card or use Amex etc. If all else fail use Bob's!
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM

Do you have the direct debit option when buying online from the States?
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 06:56 AM

I had similar problems with Malaysia Air. It took three phone calls to my credit card company who kept authorizing it. Finally my credit card company did a three-way call with Malaysia Air and me authorizing the credit. Malaysia then hung up on me, but when I called them back, I was able to get the tickets charged.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

I don't think we have the direct debit option. Both cards that I have tried so far are from the same bank. I have a couple of others from a different bank - I'll give them a try. I kind of like the idea of using Bob's though...
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM

no problem... i did buy tickets on AA last week from bkk to CCU with no problems at all...

but i had this same problem last year....over and over...i tired changing cards, changing computers (i think it finally worked on my neighbor's computer), changing servicers---that is why i suggested using internet explorer without your regular servicer like comcast, aol, etc...

try sending an e mail to them and doing it that way??
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM

also try at odd hours when their computer system is less busy
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM

I used it last evening to book 3 separate trips - for myself and husband Phuket to Bangkok, for my son-in-law Chiang Mai to Bangkok and for my daughter round-trip Bangkok to Chiang Mai - so I gave it a pretty good workout for an hour or so.

Agree it is a somewhat difficult site, doesn't work as expected sometimes. But all credit card payments went through eventually and I now have paid, confirmed reservations for all. The problem of not being able to enter credit card info seemed to resolve when I refreshed the page, then tried again. I also switched browsers, had initially started with IE, then switched to Firefox which seemed to work better.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM

The airline has no problem staying in business. Actually the problem is caused by too many eager customers, AA cannot upgrade the system fast enough to accomodate the traffic. They recently added a route to Paris, it's so cheap (the time I checked when it first came out) it's not believable. My Malaysian friend told me Air Asia gave out free ticket on some flights, imagine how many people are playing with the search engine to get these tickets.
Try at odd hour is a good idea. The customer service at BKK said the worse time is lunchtime. i think the best time is when people are snoozing over in Asia. Also, type evenly, don't pause. I have booked from Indonesia, Vietnam, BKK, KL and NYC successfully. I use Safari on both my Mac desktop and my Mac laptop, it has always worked out even at the last minute.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Well right now it is 3:25 AM in SE Asia (12 hour time difference) and I'm having no luck getting ANY of my 3 credit cards or my 1 debit card approved. I have been trying since yesterday. I've been doing it from Mac and PC, Internet Explorer and Firefox, at work (phone company internet) and at home (cable company internet) - doesn't matter, doesn't work. I am going to keep trying but this is nuts...
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

I sent them an e-mail through their site. They promised to respond within 5 working days. Good thing I'm not in a hurry...

Bob, how about letting me use your credit card?
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Here is Air Asia's useless non-response:

Thank you for emailing AirAsia.

In response to your email, please be informed that your booking no. is Hold-cancelled status in our record, and we had reported your issues to our IT Team for further investigation. We advice you to re-book your booking again by using different credit card, or refer to your respective bank pertaining your credit card.

However, if there have any charges, kindly refer resend in to us with your bank statement to [email protected], and we will look into it and assist you.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our call centre team at this link; http://www.airasia.com/my/en/contactus.html.

Thank you for choosing AirAsia.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Craig I had similar problems back in September when I was booking October flights. I got to the point I had all my credit card numbers memorized!

I thought it was my credit card company rejecting the purchase, so I called both Visa and Amex to have them specifically approve Air Asia. It still didn't work!

I finally got Visa people on the line and they watched as I entered my purchase. They said it wasn't even coming through to be rejected, so the issue was on Air Aisia's end.

Eventually, I did get all three flights booked, but it was really a pain. Good luck!
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Craig,

Just email me your flight info, names, passport numbers(with expiration date) and date of birth. I'll buy it for you and you can pay me the next time we meet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -