Reload this Page >

Advice Needed for trip to Tokyo

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
debbie

I just found out I am off to Tokyo for business later this month. I am trying to schedule a few days for "pleasure" before business. I am completely travel/planning challenged. Advice on where to go what to do for 3 to 4 "free" days while in and around Tokyo would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:01 PM
Ada

I think you should buy a travel book for Tokyo and get some ideas of what type of things you want to do/see, since there are too many things in Tokyo- hard to recommend since I don't know your interest. Or see the guide in this web site.<BR>I thing I highly recommend is carry a phrase book (or back of guide books usually have a section) around, so you can point at things- it was very usefuly. Unless you speak Japanese...

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:55 PM
Tomodachi

Definitely go to Mt. Fuji. It makes an easy day trip and is truly beautiful, one of the highpoints of my trip. There is a whole route of transit through the area. Very touristy, but fun. You take trains, toy trains, cable cars, dragon boats, etc. through the region. It's called the Hakone Free Pass. But definitely get a guidebook and flip through for places of interest. Take time to go to an Onsen (Japanese bath) too, relaxing and a true Japanese experience.

Old May 5th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Silvia

Hi, we came back from our 2week-Japan trip 3 weeks ago. It was great. You should see Kamakura.And you should go by Shingansen Train to Kyoto.Kyoto was the best. We spent 2 days at Laka Yamanako at the Mount Fuji. We enjoyed Japan very much. Regards from Vienna,<BR>Silvia

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:59 AM
reg

Asakusa has retained more of a traditional feel with an old style shopping street leading to the Kannon temple. Ginza for $$$$ shopping - the Sony showroom is also fun, and Akihabura for the latest in electronics. Just remember that you need to buy special versions for U.S. use. Roppongi for nightlife, and Shinjuku for the Metropolitan Government guilding (better view than Tokyo Tower, and cheaper. Shinjuku also has quite a nightlife experience. Meji Shrine and Yoyogi park are near Omotesando, where there is great people watching. Also Harajuku to see young Japanese culture.