Accommodation in Ubud and Jimbaran B ay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am seeking advice as to accommodation (up to $200AUS per night) in Ubud and Jimbaran Bay.

Ubud accommodation must be within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants.

Jimbaran Bay accommodation must be within easy reach of the beach or on the beach, and restaurants.

I am not interested in big resorts. Have been to Bali a number of times, and dislike places such as the Inter Continental. I prefer the smaller boutique-style places. As I say, I am happy to pay up to $200AUS per night.
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM

look at alam shanti just outside ubud....the best rooms at $150 are fabulous....others are good too....small place with shuttle to town on demand for free... no food but breakfast there
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:49 AM

Hi there,

for some nice boutique or intimate Balinese hotels in Ubud I can recommend 'Lady Bamboo Villa' on Jl. Kajeng in Ubud ( see pics on http://www.bali-travel-life.com/lady-bamboo-villa.html), Alam Indah in Nyuhkuning south of the Monkey Forest, Alam Jiwa, same owner also in Nyuhkuning (check for pics http://www.alamindahbali.com/. Tjampuhan hotel, slightly bigger but still lovely and we love Ibah hotel (check pics on http://www.bali-travel-life.com/ibah.html.
Jimbaran hotels for around $200 USD, mmmm don't know any small ones near the beach and the villa jegeg looks like a psychiatric ward if you ask me. Good luck!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so for your suggestions.

Maybe Seminyak or Legian would be a better choice....so any hints? Around $200 is all I can afford.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Resorts on the beach:
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali
The Padma Resort Bali

For smaller more intimate resorts/villa complexes you'll have to go off the beach. There are lots of choices. Try the Cicada or Villa Asri or go to one of the villa booking sites and key in your dates and target rate.

In Ubud any of the Komens are nice.
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM

I just wrote an article about visiting Bali and the best hotels on the island so I'll offer my 2 bits.

In Ubud I really like Puri Saraswati Bungalows and Oka Wat Hotel.

In Jimbaran i love Puri Bambu.

All of these places are not resorts and quite low key and friendly. Good luck.

David Robert Hogg,
Publisher of My Little Nomads
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Can anyone (MyLittleNomads?) comment on whether the Puri Saraswati Bunglaows are quiet? They look very close to town, which is appealing, but I would be cuirous about how hectic/noisy the area is from anyone who has been there.
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM

MylittleNomads,

How can I get a copy "Bali- the best hotels on the island"? Which hotels are on your top list? We stayed at The Legian and FS Jimbranbay in 2008. Thank you.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 05:32 AM

We stayed in Villa Bali Jegeg in Jimbaran in december 2010. Nice place. Here are the photos and reviews from tripadvisor: http://goo.gl/5Mpbr