A Romantic Evening in Bangkok?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My girlfriend and I have been living here for a while and for her birthday I'd really like to take her to somewhere new and romantic. Something nice like an art gallery or a show followed by a nice dinner. Atmosphere and quality.
Like I've said we've been here for a while now, so the traditional thai dance shows and other "touristy" attractions don't really have the appeal anymore. Would love some advice! Thanks!
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM

Have you been to the roof-top bars and restaurants like Scirocco (State Tower) or Red Bar on top of the Banyan Tree. These are very impressive spots (although this time of year weather is an issue).

I think Mama Mia is currently running at the Ratchadalai theater at Esplanade.

The Peninsula hotel does private river dinner cruises.
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 11:58 PM

For Mamma Mia you better hurry as they are only here until this Sunday(30th). Not a bad cast for the show, Australian performers with Ozzy accents.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 04:36 AM

The rooftop restaurant at Centara Grande (at Central World) is nice... but again, weather could be an issue.

Long Table? You dine inside. You can dine AT the long table or sit in the bar, which is outside but under a roof. Lights are low... nice!
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 06:44 AM

I wonder about Amantee. It's a gallery of SE Asia arts and antiques, with an emphasis on Tibetan items. It's a fascinating place to spend a few hours. The owner is very personable and well-informed. There is a French-inspired cafe there (Asian and European Flavors with French Elegance"). It closes at 5:00, I notice, but there are ways to work around this. Consider a long, late lunch followed by time in the Gallery (which is open until 8 pm), then have a lingering drink at a romantic venue - one of the rooftop bars if you are into that or perhaps the Bamboo Bar in the Oriental Hotel.

www.amantee.com