A day in Seoul

Search

A day in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A day in Seoul

I will be arriving at the Inchon airport on November 16 at 8:45 AM and flying out the same day at 6:00 PM. When I've done this before, I was on Korean Airline and they have a day tour, but because I booked on Delta this is not possible. I would like to take a tour from the airport. Are there any bus tours of Seoul that depart from the airport? If I can't take a day tour from the airport, what would be the best (not most expensive) way to get to Seoul. What company might I contact for a city tour? I do not want a person to show me around. I am looking for a bus tour. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 11:13 AM

Sorry I can't help you with the tours from airport.
Have a look at the website below:

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_5_1.jsp

When I was in Seoul, I took the airport Limousine bus to get to Seoul centre. It is not expensive and can get you to Gyeongbokgung (main palace) directly from the airport. Please do budget for time and schedule if you choose this route. The above website can provide more info on this as well. I took the following bus:

Route Name
(Bus No.) Bus Type Direction Station Bus Info. Bus Stop No.

Seongbuk(6011) Limousine (Standard) Seoul(North) World Cup Stadium, Seongsan Hall, Yeonhui Sageori, Seodaemun-gu Office, Grand Hilton Hotel, Hongje Station, Muakjae, Gyeongbokgung station, Anguk-dong Stop, Changdeokgung, Sungkyunkwan Univ., Hansung Univ. Station, Sungshin Women's Univ. Station 1Ãþ(1st Floor) 5B,12A

Old Aug 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM

The cheapest way to get into Seoul from Incheon is to take a bus. Once you exit the terminal, you will find that there are load of buses going to all different parts of Seoul. Generally, they take roughly an hour and ten minutes to reach Seoul and run about $8 to $14, depending on which bus you take.
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your responses. I am thinking I will spend the time at Nandaemun Market or take the city bus tour. I'm just concerned about the time. If my flight is at 6:00, I guess I will need to leave Seoul at 3:00. In total I should have 5 or 6 hours depending on connections. Hopefully I can do one or the other of the above possibilities.
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 08:07 PM

I'm not sure what the weather will be in November. My husband and I have a huge delay in Seoul in February and thought we'd have the day to wander, but when we realized how cold it would be, we re-thought our plans. Coming from Thailand, we will only have light weight clothing. So, an alternative is to get a hotel room. I believe there is a hotel on the premises and they will rent a room for 1/2 day. This must be quite common for them. We figured it would be a good way to relax, put our feet up and maybe get some sleep.

Just an alternative for you.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 09:08 PM

Hi there,

I was in Seoul in early November and yes it could get cold - something around zero to 5 degrees celsius. Please plan accordingly.

I don't know if this will change your decision, but the Namdaemum (Great South Gate) was burned down in Feb 2008...it should not affect the market though.
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Again thank you. I will be coming from Thailand. It will be cold in Korea. I lived there for three years which in part is why I would like to go to Seoul even if it is only for a few hours. I didn't know the market had burned. I was reconsidering going there because I was concerned that I would get lost in the maze and not get back to the airport in time. With this discussuion I am now thinking I will do this: Take the train to Gimpo Airport, then subway line 5 to the City Hall where I can catch the Seoul City Tour Bus. The bus looked good because I could stay on the bus for the two hour tour of the city when it is so cold and it would get me back to City Hall where I could make the return trip to the airport. Information about the Seoul City Tour Bus said it made 28 stops and was a get-on get-off bus and that it was in service on Sunday when I will be there. Give me your thoughts on this plan.
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Correction: Actually I did know that South Gate had burned, not the market at South Gate.