8 Nights in Thailand

Search

8 Nights in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 Nights in Thailand

Hi, my brother and I (26 and 30) are going to be in Thailand from August 14-22. We would like to see Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and anything in between. Not sure of the specifics yet. Does anyone have a tour guide or tour company they recommend? We're open to day trips or using 1 or 2 tour guides/companies to plan the entire trip. Thank you!
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM

This is very easily done on your own. No need for a tour company or a guide.

There are people who want to have a guide, and you will get recommendations here, but if you are the sort of person who doesn't like to use a guide, know that you can easily go it alone with no problem.
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 02:23 PM

A lot of people don't need a guide but having a driver can be very convenient and cost effective. Do a search on this forum for Rat or Tong. We have used Rat for driver services. She is not expensive and given the oppressive heat and humidity of BKK being driven around to all the venues in an air conditioned car with cold bottled water and towels really conserves your energy and you actually get to see and do a lot more than striking out on your own. Maybe get a driver for a day or two then strike out on your own.
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. We might use a guide for only a portion of our trip, but it's good to know that we don't need one. I do remember coming across Tong on other sites. Has anyone heard of Travel Hub Tours?

Also, I don't know if I need to put this in another post, but do you think it is worth it to visit a tribe/village from Chiang Mai? I'm wondering how authentic the experience is; if the area has been influenced by tourism. Thank you!
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:18 AM

It's only worth visiting a hill tribe village if you are willing to hike in and spend at least an overnight in a village. Anything you can drive to will be a display for tourists.
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 07:01 PM

Hi Jax2
you don't have to use a tour guide, it's easy to travel in Bangkok
Here you can take BTS(SkyTrain), MRT ,Airport Rail Link(From Airport),These transportation will stop at important place, If you not sure about where to go, you can ask Thai people for help in English.. mostly they understand English.

Chiang Mai if you haven't booking ticket plane yet, you can go there by Trian (bangkok railway station) at Hua Lamphong this place link with MRT if you need to save your time just go by plane is okay.

In Chiang Mai have minibus unlike Bangkok that takes too long and traffic jam (Bus,Taxi,Tuk Tuk)
If you want to sightseeing around town you can rent rickshaws
or you can use a guide for some trip there.