Reload this Page >

7 hour stopover in Seoul, What to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 07:45 AM
John

Coming back from an Asian trip in Jan of 2002, I have a 7 hour stopover in Korea. Any recommendations? <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 03:33 AM
charlie Jeong

Please let me know your travel style and what do you want to? <BR> <BR>When will you be get a Seoul Stopover? <BR> <BR>Email me as above! <BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 06:43 AM
Sandy

We also spent many, boring hours in the airport. We were told we could not leave the airport since we did not have a visa for Korea. <BR> <BR>Korean Air does have a nice lounge with snack shop, tables/chairs, TV, and even long seating upon which you can lie down (if not too crowded). <BR> <BR>There are many, many shops to browse around in, prices weren't outrageous (but of course high). <BR> <BR>Be sure to take a good book!

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 10:16 AM
texasgirl

Sandy, when were you in the Seoul airport? We have a ten-hour layover there in January, and were planning on leaving our bags there and checking out the city _ I didn't find anything in my early research about needing a visa?! But that makes sense, I guess. We are on Korean Air also _ did you need anything special to get into their lounge? <BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 01:28 PM
Al

We, too, are stuck with a long layover at the new Incheon International Airport. We decided to book a day room at the hotel within the terminal in order to take a shower and get some shut-eye. Costs about $45. Make sure you know which of Seoul's airports you are headed for -- Incheon or Kimpo.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 05:33 PM
kathy

Hi, I had a 10 hour layover in Seoul in February, 2001, Kimpo Airport, Asiana Air provided a room(!) at a quite nice hotel (shower, sleep) + a meal + bus transport to and from the airport. No visa needed, I wandered the neighborhood. On my return from Thailand, in April, the new airport had just opened, it's farther away from the city. The layover time was 7 hours. There are some very lovely shops and restaurants and an email facility in the airport. I had a tasty Korean meal for Easter Sunday dinner!

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 07:32 PM
texasgirl

Al, we are at Inchon also. I will check into the dayroom thing, but we're really hoping to get out and check out the city as you did, Kathy _ my boyfriend wants real kimchee! thanks for ideas...

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:43 AM
Sandy

Texasgirl (from another Texan!), <BR> <BR>We were at the Kimpo Airport and it was July 00. No, we didn't need anything to use the Korean Air lounge . . . it's not a closed area . . . it's a big, open area on the 2nd floor. KA did give us all a coupon for a box lunch but it was more fun trying the food at the snack bar. <BR> <BR>We were on a tour w/SmarTours (to Vietman/Cambodia) and our itinerary said we would have a city tour of Seoul during our layover but when we arrived at the airport, we were told no because of the visa thing. They may have just told us that because they couldn't (or didn't) arrange the tour for us. <BR> <BR>I hope you get to see some of Seoul, sure beats sitting in the airport for hours. Have a great trip and please post a report when you return. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 09:41 AM
texasgirl

Sandy: thanks, we'll be spending 12 days in Vietnam on our own first, so maybe when we get to Seoul we'll want nothing more than the lounge (but I hope not!) <BR>by the way, are you at UNT in Denton, by chance?